Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smartzuum

Political Discussions Forum temporarily archived

31 posts in this topic

Right now, I have a tally of 7 to close, 2 to remain open, and 1 neutral. And my vote doesn't count.

No rush.... ;)

2 hours ago, darren said:

There are times when political or regulatory issues will come up that do have a direct impact on our community, whether they be safety related, regulations covering services like car2go, or issues around EV rebates. Up until recently, subjects like these could be discussed here in a civil manner, but I've seen the tone of the forum change in recent months, and have seen numerous threads being locked as discussion got increasingly heated, which has rarely happened in the 13 years I've been here.

AGREED! I'm sure we are not the only ones who noticed this. I've also noticed the recent absence of numerous members. Hopefully it's because they are busy enjoying summer and will come back in the fall.

On a side note: www.politicalforum.com (Forum for US and Intl Politics); Discussions: 252,665. Messages: 9,336,220. Members: 29,805. Couldn't find any discussions about EGR's, mapping, Clutch Actuators, Club Meets, Welcomes...............

4 people like this

I love it!  Yes.

Yeah I have been distancing myself from here for a while because my Peugeot 404 Club activities are more pressing (for example, I have just been asked to submit a proposal to write a book on the 404 for a British series of classic car volumes).  I will also say that if the present tone prevails here for much longer, I'll probably curtail my activity here even more, maybe entirely.  I recognize that some will welcome this :lol:, which is cool.  But if it's not fun for me anymore, why bother, with limited time?

Have to agree with you Mike, the current tone postulated by some members has curtailed my involvement also.

Sad to say but SCOA has become my go to source for all things smart...:(

As you have an electric, that seems fitting.

I think we're done here for now.

As is the political discussions forum.

Political content (for or against Trump etc...) will be deleted, warnings issued, etc... It's pretty simple I think.

Enjoy your smart cars!

4 people like this