tyc

Upgrade thermostat

38 posts in this topic

Not sure if this battery will fit but will find out tomorrow. Can always use it on another vehicle. Perhaps I can cut it down in size?

These batteries can not be dimensionally altered. That's it.
The terminals correspond, the length is ok, the width is ok, the height is problematic(if it can be caught in the compartment). This is an interesting thing - catching.
If it can not be locked in the compartment by the original grip is wedges with expanded polystyrene,

For safety reasons, the Smart battery is inadequately placed in winter.
Summer is a perfect location.
This type of battery transforms the chemical energy into electricity. Either the chemical processes are drastically influenced by temperature.Thermal insulation of the battery has effects only in winter
and certainly prolongs battery life - this last aspect does not suit the consumer market.

I managed to get my new oversize battery fitted after shaving material off its bottom end tabs and forward outbord bottom corner with a block plane.  Of course I did not shave off too much so have no acid leaks - I am not that stupid.  Height and width are same as original battery so no problem there.  Had to bend vertical tab on metal locking strap to make that fit.

Unfortunately, the round bar (80 mm dia.) Is not enough for one-piece thermostat case.
I bought a piece of 80x80mm square aluminum bar. 

IMG_20181206_183244[1].jpg

Edited by tyc

What we have done so far.
1-IMG_20181226_134244.jpg1-IMG_20181226_134433.jpg

In January I was screwing the nozzle for matrix heating and for temperature sensor

1-IMG_20181226_134313.jpg
Above I practiced a vent hole, closed with an M6 stainless steel screw.

Unfortunately, they only have a mini lathe https://www.dmitaliasrl.com/ro/strunguri-pentru-metal/mini-strung-pentru-metal-edison-350.php?gclid=Cj0KCQiA6ozhBRC8ARIsAIh_VC0FfBKbVYtq7B6A0sbj6bppJrQYgAFTWDiEyUrIQ4YnzTQsTKFhH1waAupcEALw_wcB and a mini milling machine https://www.ebernardo.ro/masina-de-gaurit-si-frezat-bernardo-kf-10.html.

Chinese quality and misleading features: 400W lathe and 150W milling machine ... but tremors to the fullest.
They are not worth the money, they are good for wood and plastic (of course if it's not hard).
I turned the polyamide wheels (I want to think it's polyamide) and the milling also.
Both machines are with brush motors.The drive of these motors is small, somewhere at 50% ...
The tool locks into the material at low feed, however, at very low feed rates it is impossible to eliminate strong vibrations.

Winter is soon over. Days are getting longer. Perhaps you get yours ready by onset of summer?

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, tolsen said:

Winter is soon over. Days are getting longer. Perhaps you get yours ready by onset of summer?

Thats what I am thinking about my beater....lol

December is the first winter month.
This thermostat allows increased flow so it helps me in the summer.
However, the water pump's effort decreases
What may be the thermal shocks due to the steeper increase in the flow, however, is a device with higher thermal inertia than the original one.

I managed to align the thermostat with the aluminum pin.
This pin has taken up the role of the restrictor , ie allows a freeze flow on a 45mm2 section.

1-IMG_20181229_190516.jpg

1-IMG_20190103_154653.jpgThe battery loaded it ... equipped a CDI, yesterday I forced it and this morning I started hard.

Finally .
Unfortunately, the surgery was successful but the patient did not survive. It is a fact in the medical field, in this case the milling machine has left it desirable - reduced machining possibilities.
Socket for the heating circuit is brazed, the rest of the casing is monobloc.

1-IMG_20190114_113914.jpg

1-IMG_20190114_113849.jpg

1-IMG_20190114_113940.jpg

1-IMG_20190114_113829.jpg