Willys

Wraping your car...?

21 posts in this topic

OK, I like my car and it's colour, but am thinking of wraping my black one that super bright kermit green colour. Has anyone wraped their car here yet? How much? Then is it worth it?  I like to be seen and that seems to be THE colour.....as i see it...lol.

How about some chrome wrap?  Or you could crochet a new look.  As an older generation person, you might like the disco ball look.   Here are some possibilities . (The last one is a joke)

There are thousands of other ways to do it, but knock yourself out.  Make it "YOURS".

Smart disco ball.jpg

Smart crochet.jpg

Smart colour 01.jpg

Smart chrome colours.jpg

Smart - Ohio Sleigh.jpg

I can probably afford the last one easily...lol.    Just the wrong shade of whatever it is...lol

It's been a while since I got an estimate, but I seem to recall it being between $1500 and $3000, depending on where you go and the quality of the material being used. Worth it? Only you can answer that for yourself, since it's your money.

3M neon yellow will do the trick.

VCW17076-1.jpg

VCW17076-3.jpg

VCW17120-1.jpg

If it's safety through visibility you're after, you may wish to also consider a high-visibility retro-reflective stripe/chevron pattern.

IMG_2843.jpg

OK, that stopped that mentality...no not worth it imho.  I like the green 3M.....lol.

Posted (edited) · Report post

How much were you expecting?

You could always buy some vinyl and try it yourself. You might find out why it costs what it does. It's a very labour-intensive process if you want a good result. 

Another option if you want high visibility is just buy some retro-reflective trailer tape and apply it all the way around your car.

Edited by darren

1 hour ago, darren said:

How much were you expecting?

You could always buy some vinyl and try it yourself. You might find out why it costs what it does. It's a very labour-intensive process if you want a good result. 

Another option if you want high visibility is just buy some retro-reflective trailer tape and apply it all the way around your car.

It was just a thought over me painting the panels.....and that is a long off project....but possible.

1 hour ago, tolsen said:

Wrap in the missing P

Took me a while to figure this out.:D

What interests me is that English, although complicated has many rules of thumb. 

One of them is, if a vowel is followed by a consonant and then another vowel, the first vowel is usually a hard vowel - for example raping and rapping are pronounced differently because one has a single consonant and the other a double consonant following the first vowel.

What also interests me is that although most forum members of any forum are quite receptive to receiving corrections about technical misstatements, very few are receptive to constructive criticism for spelling and grammar errors. 

In this forum the word wraping does have a red line underneath it when typed.

Edited by smartdriver
SPELLING MISTAKE!

I have more important things to think about than a simple spelling mistake or three....I'm not in grammar class or school where I'm being graded on such things anymore....no offense but if you don't like the way I type.....welll....too bad.....is the most polite way I can say it...lol.     And that isn't directed at anyone...lol
I type with two fat fingers and my mind is going faster than they are, so mistakes are bound to happen....not to mention I'm a bad speller anyway!

I am going to be doing this  All the panels to be wrapped are removable, so theres no need to worry about making sure all the edges are folded over properly.

Im currently looking for some decent wrap at an appropriate price and in a colour that I really like. I am liking the burnt orange colour but not sure how it will look against a silver trid.

1 person likes this

I have 3 sets of panels and have been toying with the idea of wrapping a set. Have finally settled on 3M 1080 Gloss Liquid Copper. Most pricing I've seen is is around $280 CDN for a 5' X 15' Roll. From the looks of things, the Speedfix clips can be easily removed to break the panels down into smaller sections and wrapped separately and reassembled so that the vinyl doesn't span any panel joints. Project is expected to commence this winter. Luckily I have the black Tridions, so the Copper should compliment them quite nicely.

LG344.jpg

1 person likes this

I have experiences puting on decals for the sides of tractor trailers and once you learn the tricks it's simple, I wonder IF wrapping, enough "P's"...?    has the same learning curve..?   Then it's a simple task of buying the right length of film...?  I'l sure there's the correct use of a heat gun in there somewhere also...lol.   Maybe I'll get friendly with the guy who does it up near me, just to watch him in action , I'm sure a 30 minute session should be plenty, right...?....lol

2 minutes ago, TheHandyHobbit said:

I have 3 sets of panels and have been toying with the idea of wrapping a set. Have finally settled on 3M 1080 Gloss Liquid Copper. Most pricing I've seen is is around $280 CDN for a 5' X 15' Roll. From the looks of things, the Speedfix clips can be easily removed to break the panels down into smaller sections and wrapped separately and reassembled so that the vinyl doesn't span any panel joints. Project is expected to commence this winter. Luckily I have the black Tridions, so the Copper should compliment them quite nicely.

LG344.jpg

Need a watcher...lol

Helpers usually get in the way, but willing to say stupid things like..."you missed a spot"

...lol

I’ve seen a couple of 453’s in a similar colour with the black tridon and they look very smart.

Nigel

1 person likes this

I like that colour, but I think I would prefer it in satin or matt.

I did think about wrapping the trid in either the same colour or black, but I think that wounld be quite difficult unless you know what your doing.

50 minutes ago, dolphinfreindly said:

Marcie is a 451 coupe but this gives an idea of how she would look...

I think you meant to say it's a 450 coupe; it looks just like my 2005 model.

That's not Marcie, that's a random Internet image of a 450 cabrio to get an idea of the how the colours will look together.

Marcie is indeed a 451 coupe as stated.

Edited by dolphinfreindly

15 hours ago, dolphinfreindly said:

I like that colour, but I think I would prefer it in satin or matt.

I did think about wrapping the trid in either the same colour or black, but I think that wounld be quite difficult unless you know what your doing.

I agree that a non so shiny colour would make it POP much better, the glare seems to take away,  not a matt but satin.....I wonder if a black cage also would be better making the bronz the lighter colour making it stand out better?

Hmmm....there must be someone on the plnet who has already beaten us to this thought....lol

I think black trid with satin bronze would look the bees nads, the more I think about it the more I want to wrap the trid satin black, then the panels a satin dark orange...

1 person likes this