Twinsformysins

Dynamat/Dynapad

6 posts in this topic

Sorry no, but anything such as balnkets, towels etc etc or even a load of groceries will reduce the engine sounds greatly so I imagine a good sound deadening mat will do the same.  Let us know how it turns out.  I'm all ears.....what model and year do you have that the sound is that disturbing?

I have used multipurpose waterproofing membrane to control sound in the rear of the car, works well enough on the cheap.  It can only do so much for lower frequency exhaust noises.

A good winter emergency blanket on top of the whole of carpet in boot area and a luggage compartment cover and you will need a good stethoscope to hear engine. 

Your Smart will become whisper quiet just like mine.  

Mine also has had its underbody painted in several coats of 2 pack epoxy plus nearly ten litres of underbody bitumen body Schutz applied on top for good measure. That also helps a lot do deaden road noise plus it protects against rust. 

1 person likes this

I find that a dead police informer, rolled up tightly in a carpet, is an excellent sound deadener ;)

On a previous car I used 10mm carpet underlay, making very sure it was flame retardant stuff.  Dirt cheap, worked a treat.

1 person likes this

I use the local drugies, change them out weekly and it keeps the smell to a minimum...lol

1 person likes this