o2bad455

New to us 2006 CDI Cabrio Pure non-starter

33 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Yes, thanks.  That Evilution write-up also failed to list the full specs of the 451 "Design 3" rear wheels that didn't fit a 450 without spacers.  Although someone presumably knows the width and diameter of the "Design 3" alloys tried, it's not mentioned in that write-up.  The article does mention rear offset was 34mm vs -1mm for stock 450, so fitment on a 450 would obviously be exacerbated by that plus any increase in wheel width.  However, I understand that the Passion 9-spokes we'll try are only 22mm offset with 5.5" width (same width as 450 steelies, which also makes me think Evilution's Design 3 alloys were probably wider than 5.5").

Edit: Oh, the info was elsewhere on their site.  This Evilution page actually lists the 451 wheel specs.  https://www.evilution.co.uk/index.php?menu=wheels&mod=1087  As expected, the Design 3 wheels they tried were, in fact, also significantly wider at 6.5".  This other page shows stock fitments of various 450 wheels that actually came on 450s.  https://www.evilution.co.uk/index.php?menu=wheels&mod=513  Back of napkin calculations some of the widest ones leaves me thinking that there's plenty of room for the 2008 Passion 9-spoke wheels we'll try (called "Design 2" per the above 451 link), even if they ultimately don't look as good due to failing to fill out the rear wheelwells. 

Edited by o2bad455

Oh, does anyone know how easy to add a stock tachometer from a higher trim model to our tach-less Pure?  Will I need wiring all the way back to the fuse block, or might there be an unused connector under the warning lights, for example?  Would the tach (and possibly clock) have to come from 06 Cabrio CDI, or would any other Smart tach work?

Search Evilution for rev counter. Coding is normally required.  

It's pre-wired but needs to be activated electronically.

Somebody gave me a full set of good standard 451 winter tyres on steel rims. I’ve used these on the front of my 450. Must have tried them on the rear but can’t recall what was the outcome. I guess they either did not fit or they just did not look right. 

12 hours ago, tolsen said:

Somebody gave me a full set of good standard 451 winter tyres on steel rims. I’ve used these on the front of my 450. Must have tried them on the rear but can’t recall what was the outcome. I guess they either did not fit or they just did not look right. 

they probably rubbed on the rear shock