Sobo4303

Immobilizer Bypass/Jumper

4 posts in this topic

I just purchased my 06 Smart CDI. Enjoying so far, hate the immobilizer concept. The car came with only 1 fob. 

I am really old old school when it comes to engine operations and discovered with mine that if I do not lock sequence my locking unlocking properly, the car won’t start without using the fob to lock then unlock. I would simply prefer to insert a non-chipped key, start and go.

Can this be done?

I don't know, but someone with much MBSTAR knowledge I bet can answer that question or could suggest maybe programing it out somehow within the STAR system maybe...??? I don't know.....but that STAR can do many things 

Posted (edited) · Report post

im 99% sure it cant be done

i recommend getting a second key programmed in...and then just get used to the procedure of always unlocking the doors before inserting the key

i only had one working key too (had two but the second one suddenly stopped working)....so i kept the non-functional one in the ignition at all times and only used the working fob to lock/unlock

Edited by LooseLugNuts

All modern cars have immobilisers. Can’t be disabled. Sell your Smart and get an old banger with no electronics.