Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lebikerboy

A new family EV...

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Well, we are or soon will be a total EV family. Just put a down payment on a 2019 Hyundai Kona Electric.

With the 400 km's range it will meet all our requirements. It will replace a 2003 Nissan Altima SE which  only

gets 12.5 litres per 100 km's in the city. Looking forward to a new car especially, an environmentally

responsible one. The totally excellent one year experience with the smart EV has convinced me that Electric

vehicles are the way to go...:D

Edited by lebikerboy
1 person likes this

Nice. Have they announced pricing on those yet?

I'm curious to hear what the damage is going to be now that there are no more EV incentives in Ontario.

We still have the $5000.00 grant here in BC plus I'm going to scrap the old car for $6000.00 so $11000 off to start isn't bad.

I imagine the preferred model I'm buying will be around $48000 retail, hopefully I'm high although not due to current legislation though!:rolleyes:

1 person likes this

So, did a little more shopping today and seriously compared the Hyundai Kona to the 2019 Nissan Leaf.

The sales guy I dealt with at Hyundai has moved to another dealership and his replacement is a total dick!

Suddenly I found the Kona to not have enough room and the build quality wasn't up to Nissan's.

So, I put a downpayment on a 2019 Nissan Leaf SV which, is already in stock and the Sales Manager

had put it on hold for me until the new scrap-it incentives kick in, in mid January...

For a scrap-it incentive, you must have owned and insured the said vehicle for no less than six months.

I'd scrap the Benz for 6 grand plus 5 more off a new electric car.  But that won't be for a long time.

so you will get $11k rebated, or $5 at time of sale and $6 as a cheque, but pay tax on full price..... still, a really good deal. If there were an electric I wanted to buy......

I'd really have to start from scratch to figure that out

10 hours ago, smartzuum said:

so you will get $11k rebated, or $5 at time of sale and $6 as a cheque, but pay tax on full price..... still, a really good deal. If there were an electric I wanted to buy......

I'd really have to start from scratch to figure that out

Well, Tesla just pushed out a “track mode” software update to the Model 3, if that sweetens the deal at all in Tesla’s favour. ;) 

https://jalopnik.com/track-mode-is-out-to-turn-a-tesla-model-3-performance-i-1830319101

Edited by darren

The Tesla 3 looks to me like a Mazda 3 with no face, with an interior by the guy who did the first generation Cavalier.  The tech is nice but the rest is meh, especially at that crazy price.  The analysis of the bodyshell indicated they don't quite know what they're doing yet.

1 person likes this