LondonD

About to buy 2014 ED in the UK - Any advice? Web App / Pre-heating

3 posts in this topic

Hi there - we are about to buy a second-hand ED (2014) in the UK. We had a Reva G-Wiz some years ago and loved it, always planned to return to ED.

Any advice from UK owners welcome, and one specific question: is the App for this model still supported? It looks like a web app and seems to relay on the car having a SIM module (makes sense) for communication. Did this ever work in the UK? If not, is there a menu option in the car itself to pre-heat while charging? Will that work with a regular 13Amp 240V charge cable (we are not planning on getting a wall box at this stage).

Or should we get a wall box? 

All tips welcome! Thank you. 

Edited by LondonD
Add tag
1 person likes this

2013-2016 Smart ED web app access has been dropped by Daimler.

The 2017-2018 Smart ED web app access is still not world wide, limited to subset of Europe with stated promise to roll out WW in 2019.

My 2013 Smart ED was a wonderful little run about.   Love it.   Traded for the 2017 Smart ED.

The lack of app access is frustrating, but there was so little the old app did that it wasn't a big loss.  IMHO

I can't offer any advice.  I can offer encouragement - my next car without any doubt will be the ED, so go for it and tell Us of your experiences.