Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gibby

New Here...

4 posts in this topic

Just saying hi, I'm just getting to know the 450 CDI model. Have made a couple improvements to the severely molested example I purchased . Not impressed by the fuel mileage numbers yet but intrigued enough to continue repairs/mods. Jester is his name 

For a little background on me ... I'm a custom metal fabricator with a better than solid mechanical background as well. I usually work on my custom Harleys and 4x4's but need a economical commuter car right now and here I am with a new project. 

Mods so far

Custom .050 aluminum front air dam( original was torn off and missing)

Full Stainless 2 chamber exhaust with dual 2"left side tail pipes( I can reproduce these easily)

IMG090.jpg

smart.jpg

42416634_10156462734220490_4300356079797141504_n.jpg

Welcome to the club!

Maybe its the angle but that front dam looks really close to the road. Could be a clearance issue?

Welcome to the site, enjoy, great to have more fresh blood and ideas.   I found if you add diesel additive every other tank full your mileages will climb 48ml per tank.....I have crested at 80mpgs or 3.5 lphkm driven.  That's slow to start and 10 over most of the time. It's certainly not a hotrod...lol. but when you start getting the fuel numbers you soon settle into it.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, smart142 said:

Welcome to the club!

Maybe its the angle but that front dam looks really close to the road. Could be a clearance issue?

I have shortened the front valence by 1.25" as it was too long but haven't re photo'd the car since ;)