Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wakeylad

Greetings from Peterborough UK

6 posts in this topic

Hi everybody!

Just picked up a 2014 Fortwo cabrio petrol automatic from Smart Milton Keynes! I'm 6'5" tall, but was able to get in quite easily and drive in comfort. The roads around Peterborough are quite flat; this is Fen country! However, the Smart is quite at home climbing gradients too. It has a certain character; the front grill looks like Iron Man chewing a Polo mint. It just seems to endear itself to you.

2 people like this

Welcome to the site from an EX-PAT....I also live on the flatlands around home here but it soon changes after that...and the little car can handle it all...you'll see.  I have the diesel version and enjoy the high fuel savings which it's known for.  It's uplifting to pay so little for such distance...makes you laugh when you sit at the pumps filling up......watching everyone around you putting twice  three times or more into their tanks to do the same distances.....gotta love it!

Again welcome to the site, enjoy.

Many thanks for your welcome: you must feel at home in Pefferlaw with Peterborough, Newmarket and Brighton nearby! Quite agree with you about the fuel pump thing: zero uk tax band is welcome too.

I could only wish for the same tax relief here....but when you only put in less than $20 for a tank...I'm not really complaining....

Welcome to the club Wakeylad.  Here, in the Great White North (AKA - Canada) we seem to have 'borrowed' several city, town and country names from the UK and Europe.  I am less than 10 minutes from London (Ontario) and Scotland is about 20 minutes away from me.  Paris is about 30 minutes down the road and Peterborough is about 2½ hours away, but much closer to Willys.

Enjoy your stay at CsC.

I am from the mountainous part of Britain: British Columbia!