Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thio

Door light switch

3 posts in this topic

Hi there, would anyone know where or how the door light switch is located? Seems to stay on during when the temp drops below freezing. I had to remove the light /combo switch under the radio to stop it from staying on and draining my battery 馃槓

I bet there is some green fuzzy stuff on the connections in the SAM that operate the door switch.....just a thought?聽 聽BEWARE of static when cleaning the SAM, I fried mine by doing this!聽 Becarefull just saying, or you too will be buying a complete set like i had to.聽 Ground yourself well before working on any of the computers.......a simple wire around your wrist going to a reliable ground location such as the ground connection on a electrical socket.聽 Worked for me.聽 I didn't use the third pin but the actual screw that the house wiring connects to behind the plug in so you are grounded to the ground spike for the house.

There is another thread here not to far back about the very same thing......search for it.

Posted (edited) 路 Report post

im fairly certain there is a microswitch on the drivers door latch...not sure if its for lights though...might be for door ajar warning..if your door closes fine id rule that out

i do remember one time my 2005 450 interior lights were staying on it turned out to be corrosion on the white plug in front of the battery...i cleaned it and then it worked fine until it corroded again and cause lots of beeping noises ...beeping was cured by completely removing the white connector and then soldering direct with heatshrink to protect it all

Edited by LooseLugNuts