Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frinjamin88

Aftermarket Car Stereo?

6 posts in this topic

In addition, Your speakers should be able to handle twice the max. output in watts of your stereo, that way you will have less distortion depending on your sound clarity and you will not burn out any components. That is what I always go by.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited) · Report post

change the fronts to a good quality speaker.......then add rear speakers...makes it sound 10 times better

Edited by LooseLugNuts
1 person likes this

I just swapped in a better dash which had the tweeters attached to it and used the speaker box set up under the dash. I had what looked like 3 1/2" speakers with a magnet the size of a toonie on the original dash set up. The difference is like night and day!  Well worth the work involved changing it over and for pennies on the dollar compared to buying far better speakers etc...just saying...if you simply want a better sound and don't necessarily need to pop the windows loose....it's a good set up now.....compared to the stock crap I had.
I can't imagine what a really nice system would sound like with correctly set up speakers etc......it would be something to hear I bet!
IF you do swap the dash and speakers like I did make sure you also take the second speaker wire plug in from the radio.....it has the tweeter wires etc and I'm going to guess from the sound it now makes, uses different pins from the radio.

1 person likes this