Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sheepfaced

Fuel Filter

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I have recently purchased a 2006 Smart Diesel. I want to change the fuel filter, my friend said to take off the pass side rear wheel and remove the inner fender and there it would be, Pain in the but to do but No Fuel Filter in sight, Could somebody please tell me where the thing is located

take off the rear underpanel and it will be right there...near where you see the brake lines and abs wires go 

in front of the rear wheel...under the small section of floor behind the drivers seat

Hi, and thank you, Not a mechanic by any means, From what you said I remove the big plastic skid plate under the car and the filter is up near the front behind the drivers seat 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH LooseLugNuts, I just saw your instructions and Pics, Merry Christmas

Posted (edited) · Report post

5 hours ago, sheepfaced said:

Hi, and thank you, Not a mechanic by any means, From what you said I remove the big plastic skid plate under the car and the filter is up near the front behind the drivers seat 

the skid plate looking thing is 2 piece...a front one and a back one...just lower the back one and the filter is mounted under there roughly under the spot behind the driver seat

not my pics..all credit goes to Canman for taking the time to post that thread ...i just supplied a link to it

Edited by LooseLugNuts