Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frinjamin88

2005 Front Signal Replacement

12 posts in this topic

If your turn signal is still in the grille (Canadian MOT rule) then just purchase a standard 1157 orange bulb.  A thin screwdriver is needed to release the 7 tabs holding the grille in place.  Using a #2 Philips screwdriver, undo the 3 screws holding the light in place.  When bulb is replaced, tighten the 3 screws and simply press the grille back into place.

If you have had the signals moved back to their originally intended location in the headlight cluster. this bulb is very different and may require a trip to a $tealership to get the correct one. The locating pins are offset.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Leadwing said:

If your turn signal is still in the grille (Canadian MOT rule) then just purchase a standard 1157 orange bulb.  A thin screwdriver is needed to release the 7 tabs holding the grille in place.  Using a #2 Philips screwdriver, undo the 3 screws holding the light in place.  When bulb is replaced, tighten the 3 screws and simply press the grille back into place.

If you have had the signals moved back to their originally intended location in the headlight cluster. this bulb is very different and may require a trip to a $tealership to get the correct one. The locating pins are offset.

Thanks! They are in the grille. Will do it tomorrow. Gets dark fast now in the city. Lol 

It gets dark faster in the country ... no city lights to illuminate the sky :D

What area of Toronto are you from?

1 person likes this

might want to warm up the car before starting the job if its cold out....those little grille tabs are easy to break

1 person likes this

You also do not need a very thick flat screwdriver, basically just something to catch the clips or lumps on the tabs to allow them to slide out easily.....as noted they break very easily...I'd recommend a warm garage or a good hair dryer. or heat gun

I use a tool box drawer side tab flat tool....they are designed for the very same style clips and are far flatter than the screw driver. They come with tool boxes used in shops or your garage, roller cabinet style. Simply a strip of flat spring steel the best thing for the job, but a thin flat small screw driver works also...just beware how easily they snap..I broke the first one I did on my beater using a flat screw driver.  But the job is easy once you get the hang of it....best with two screwdrivers over fighting using just one. also.

1 person likes this

I use a kitchen knife.  I believe I got the tip from Glenn.  

Nigel

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Leadwing said:

It gets dark faster in the country ... no city lights to illuminate the sky :D

What area of Toronto are you from?

Lol yes how silly of me. Country must be so nice to see some stars in the sky lol. I'm east Toronto (Scarborough)

3 hours ago, LooseLugNuts said:

i used popsicle sticks

This is a great way if you can get them all at the same time, cheap to.!

8 hours ago, Frinjamin88 said:

Lol yes how silly of me. Country must be so nice to see some stars in the sky lol. I'm east Toronto (Scarborough)

Yes, it's quite nice when there is a clear  night.  I was born and raised in East York and lived in 'Scarberia'  (Warden & finch area) after marriage until about 28 years ago.  These days, I am less than 15 minutes from our local smart guru, "Uncle Glenn" who has a shop in London.. 

The suggestion of using a popsicle stick is a good one.  Less likely to scratch the paint on the body or grille. :)

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, Leadwing said:

Yes, it's quite nice when there is a clear  night.  I was born and raised in East York and lived in 'Scarberia'  (Warden & finch area) after marriage until about 28 years ago.  These days, I am less than 15 minutes from our local smart guru, "Uncle Glenn" who has a shop in London.. 

The suggestion of using a popsicle stick is a good one.  Less likely to scratch the paint on the body or grille. :)

Beautiful area. Were at markham and Sheppard. We visited Glenn about a month ago. Gotta say London was beautiful lol. I used a butter knife noticed that a few clips were broken already one on top and 2 at the bottom lol.