Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tardis

Jake and Karen

8 posts in this topic

Hi Gang wow it has been a while. thought I would give you all an update.

As some of you know Jake had congestive heart failure last week in Aug. I rushed him up to our local hospital, they stabilised him enough to rush him into Kitchener, quite the ride sirens and lights a doctor and nurse as well as paramedic on board. They take good care of us hicks. Sept. 4  he had bypass surgery and a valve fixed five bypasses for those who count.  He is doing quite well now. Going to rehab gym twice a week for the next four months he should be better fit than most when he is done.

We are still heating the house with wood and the stubborn old goat insists he bring in the wood. I am awaiting knee replacement surgery should be around March. so we are quite the pair.

We have scaled back the embroidery and have been able to keep up with the commercial orders but have had to make some of the one offs and small orders wait sorry for that. everyone has been so understanding its nice to know that there are good people out there.

Tardis is still in the black hole aka Jakes workshop. Jake did get a glimmer of enthusiasm after reading this morning he might not have to drop the whole engine but just the front to get the alternator off. woopee  there is hope for next summer to get him back on the road.

So this update is really wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy travels on the roads and oh yes hug your loved ones tightly  when you get the chance you never know what awaits around the corner. 

We hope to attend a few of the dinners if the weather co operates I miss you all and they are so much fun.

Karen

Ps Jake doesn't know I am posting he is out gathering wood he loves using his rail system for bringing it up on the porch.

1 person likes this

ahhh  the Golden years! ya right!   Glad to hear that Jake is making a good recovery!

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Glad to hear he has made a great recovery, don't know you folks yet, but wishing you both the best for the Christmas season....MERRY CHRISTMAS and A Happy New Year.

As for the golden year....Humph......if i could only turn back the clock a few decades or so.......as they say, if I knew what I know now back then, I wouldn't be in this condition today!

Wishing you and Jake all the best Karen.  Have a safe Christmas and happy new year!  Looking forward to seeing you both soon

Jake has company; I am also dealing with congestive heart failure. I have the additional problem of not being able to walk more than a few steps at a time, so the most valuable benefits of light exercise are unavailable to me. This will probably shorten my life expectancy further as water builds up in my lower extremities. Utilizing the ability to walk, stimulates blood flow through lymph node stimulation, so I'm told.

So Sorry to hear of this Gary Jake really didn't know what was happening he just didn't feel right for a few days. When I got him to the hospital his heart rate was 35 and going down.  Hope they are able to help you, wishing you all the luck and good health in the new year. try to stay positive.

Karen 

I'm glad to hear of Jake's good recovery, but sad that he's experienced such a trauma.  Also, that Gary has also experienced that.  Hope things improve for him.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Port Huron.

1 person likes this