Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flykc

Esp problem

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I am having a weird problem with my 450 cdi.

We bought the car and everything was fine for couple of days. Then all of a sudden when I started the car, the little triangle shaped light (esp one) was on, and when I tried to move it started shaking and turned off. Tried to turn it on for a couple of times in a row, the same thing happened. Fourth or fifth time  I started it, I managed to get it rolling, but light was still on. Gear changing was normal. When I stopped and let it rest, the light went off and everything was great for a week. Today when I started the car in the morning the light was again on, and car was acting strange again. Couple of hours later I tried to start the car and light was off. 

Interensting thing is that when the car start without the light, it drives great, I can easily get it to 100+kph without light turning on. 

What can be the problem? Any ideas? Maybe bad battery?

The toothed wheel pressed onto the rear axle shafts ("reluctor rings") may be cracked from rust, check them first.

Thank you guys for replies, the problem was fixed today, the clutch actuator was faulty!

1 person likes this