Toxophilite

ABS warning light

37 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

delphi 150e is well worth it

mine paid for itself the first use ....cost less than the dealer wanted to charge to simply erase an airbag code (turned my key on with the seats out .....doh)

there was something about relays though...some delphi ds150e boxes had improved relays inside them and are supposed to be better/newer...you might want to research that before ordering or maybe someone here remembers what color relays were the good ones

they are good for plenty of things on smarts...especially for checking codes on almost all modules...but wont help for clutch adjustments....one odd thing i encountered was that mine would communicate with the brake module on my 05 450 coupe but would not communicate with the same module on my 05 450 cabrio

Edited by LooseLugNuts

Can you buy those in Canada?

Or do you have to order them online?

I'm having trouble finding one as the ads are often selling parts fro one. How much do they regularly go with and what are the minimum system requirements for a PC.

I have a mac mini for the internet and a 15 year old PC that despite that is quite skookum (it's my music recording computer and is NEVER hooked to the internet) I've never updated the operating system because it's working fine,

Think about seting up a star system, if you already have a workable PC or laptop etc the multiplexer is $250ish off amazon or ebay and the program is obtainable from people around.   It far out shines the off the shelf code readers....just a thought.

the star is complicated and expensive but worth it in the long run if youre going to keep your car for a very long time

the delphi is easy and cheap...less than $50 

can only get from china...probably because canadian sites tend to crack down on hacked software sales

ive had less trouble with aliexpress sellers than ebay sellers...and aliexpress is cheaper

Edited by LooseLugNuts

Note that you need a Windows laptop preferably Windows 7 to run Delphi or Wurth WoW. Runs perfectly on XP too.

Yes the STAR isn't $50 by any means but the end result will pay for it'self after maybe 3 visits to the dealer's shop for simple repairs was how i warrented the cost of it.   Plus I get a new laptop...lol.   Personal preferance is all.....and as you said, will you keep the car longer than a year or two? If you purchased a good solid running car then there is a good chance you may not require the use of it, but if you went the cheap car lets make it better route then I'll say you will need it sooner than you may think.

Edited by Willys

Star requires skills to make it work. I run Star as a virtual xp machine on a Dell D630 running Windows 7. 

Connect my Dell to Star multiplexer through its serial port something very few can do unless they are sufficiently Smart like me. Think I posted the procedure somewhere on this forum. 

I will look into one of the Delphi knockoffs

Is it bad news to drive the car in this state?

It seems like the hill assist is definitely off but I haven't noticed too much else bad.. I did skid a bit on one stop but it was unusual anyway.

Edited by Toxophilite