Leadwing

Norway EV's are almost 1/3 of all auto sales there

10 posts in this topic

Fair play to them.  Unlike the rest of the world they aren't wasting g time maki g excuses, and they're simply getting non with it.

Still comes down to range and plug ins....and of course cost.

Battery lifespan as well.

I had a ride in a Tesler .....very nice and great range...but the cost...WOW....!    Also almost zero available parts if required.  Accidents etc, you need parts or they scrap it...that isn't an option for a small damage issue.  So I'm still sliding off the fence, but that drive in the Tesler....was nice.   580 kms range is workable for me.

Almost nil tax on electric cars is main reason plus free charge stations is quite appealing. Those living out in the sticks still need to run their petrol and diesel cars. 

If they think they're losing revenue from the loss of taxes, all they have to do is tax the battery replacements and the cost of recycling the batteries. By 2025, that should come to a very tidy sum of money.

4 hours ago, Chopper said:

Fair play to them.  Unlike the rest of the world they aren't wasting g time maki g excuses, and they're simply getting non with it.

Very few countries have the hydropower content that Norway does (96%).

On 1/20/2019 at 4:31 PM, tolsen said:

I’m told they fit diesel heaters to keep warm. 

Wouldn't be surprised, using battery power to heat them would cut the range drastically.

On 1/20/2019 at 6:05 PM, mender said:

If they think they're losing revenue from the loss of taxes, all they have to do is tax the battery replacements and the cost of recycling the batteries. By 2025, that should come to a very tidy sum of money.

There are no reports of poor battery packs in EV's that fail, the worst case was earlier Nissan Leaf, but every other EV that has actively heated/cooled packs (like the Smart ED) have minimal degradation over 6+ years with no signs of an impending end of life.

I would hold on and see what the future holds, so far, it looks like the battery pack will outlive the chassis.