ronjan

hole in clutch pivot arm

3 posts in this topic

H, Ron from Trenton Ont. Canada. I have a 06 fortwo cdi diesel Passion.I have owned it for just over a year. I have replaced the front struts and broken coil springs and refurbished the clutch actuator after 3 bar code. I drove it for a while than came the no shift. I figured it was the actuator again so I removed it , it looked ok and functioned well to my surprise when I into the actuator hole there was just that, a hole right through the clutch pivot arm. to make things worst i now have a no start, it rolls over shakes and shutters but wont start, thinking maybe cps sensor, heard they are bad for that. I replaced the fuel filter. I like Smarty it fun to drive. I

have it up on blocks in my shed wondering whether to forge ahead. I have limited mechanical ability but I am not week of heart. Any helpful advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to the site....plenty of helpful folks here to help in any way you may need.
Check out those who have welded a nut or washer onto their actuator arm to stop it from pushing through the newly made hole in the clutch arm. Yes a bush type fix, but it works. OR you can drop tranny and replace arm with a fresh one. I know which route I'd be taking....just saying. I have welder...lol.  Plus it's just removing the actuator nothing else if I grasp the bush fix correctly.

Ron

Get someone turn turn the key while you check to see if the alternator is turning.  They have been known to seize if the car sits for a while and the drag on the engine is usually enough to prevent starting.

Nigel

ps. Welcome to the site.