Tibor63

ABS and Exponation lights on and off!!!

7 posts in this topic

Hello Smart People!

I would like to know if any of you came across the same problem that I have experiencing right now. 

My 2006 CDI is acting up for some time.  After I drive the car for about 5 min. or so, the ABS and Exponation lights come on the dashboard at around 80-100 kmh speeds. After the car parked for an hour, I start the car and the lights are still on. As I drive the car for about 20-40 meters, the light goes out, but 5 minutes later at the same speeds 80-100 kmh it comes back on again.  Can someone tell me what is happening, please? It is driving me nuts!!!  Thanks, TJ.

Posted (edited) · Report post

mine did something similar when the wheel alignment got knocked out too far (bent strut)

it would throw a steering angle code and shut off the abs/traction control....made it almost impossible to drive on slippery roads

is your steering wheel straight?...

it might be a cracked reluctor ring too...you should try to read codes from all modules (delphi 150e works good for reading codes on the cheap)

Edited by LooseLugNuts

I am not a natural English speaker therefore confused as to what these exponation lighs are. Can they be bought from Canadian Tire and do these lights have any particular purpose?

4 hours ago, tolsen said:

confused as to what these exponation lighs are. 

Welcome to the club.  I was as confused as you, Tolsen, when I read that.  I had never hear of that word before.  Apparently, it is this --> !

If you have cracked reluctor rings, your ABS and ESP lights will come on at 60 km/h (which also means your ABS and ESP are shut off due to the cracked ring giving a faulty wheel speed sensor data). When you get off the highway, turning the car off and then on again will restore the ABS and ESP functionality, but you'll need to get those rings replaced to fix the problem.

1 person likes this