flaregreen

code reader

12 posts in this topic

As stated above, ScanGaugeII is the one of choice as it allows far more than just reading codes.  One of my favorite features is fuel consumption as you drive displayed.....it is what drives me to keep striving for better MPGs constantly.....I can easily average close to the 80MPGs  range....simply by watching this simple unit. It does so much more, but this is what I watch constantly.  Once bitten by the MPG bug you will strive for it.....lol...beware......   The unit isn't the most inexpensive unit out there but it is the most common for our vehicles.

ive never used a scangauge

for smarts my tool of choice was a chinese Delphi DS150e VCI snooper

Agree fully with previous poster. Scangauge is real shite. 

I like the scangauge when I do test drives. The MAP is a good indicator of turbo function and you can check the charging system and the water temp - very handy!

1 person likes this

for test drives and simple things my daily use tool is a cheap autel ms609

but the delphi is great for airbag codes and reading the brake modules and deeper things the autel couldnt get from a smart

I also sometimes carry an Autel code reader capable of reading all systems when venturing far. 

someone might want to refresh us.   when ordering a scanguage 2,  is there a certain cord that has to be ordered with it also?

i remember seeing a post a while ago.

Non-CAN cable, Linear Logic will send one for free.

What about a bluetooth OBDII reader and Torque Pro?

I use this for the big 6.0L and it has a lot of useful information to monitor. I had it running on the smart for a day or so.. having connection issues now... so I assume the SMART doesn't like the dongle maybe?? 

Any info on this?

depends what it can do

personally i say its a waste of money if it doesnt specifically communicate with all the modules

reading generic engine codes and keeping track of mileage is one thing...reading/erasing airbag codes and abs module codes and programming key fobs are what make a good tool a good tool