Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Willys

Looking for running engine to rebuild....

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys, as the heading says, looking for an engine that is running so i can rebuild it knowing that it shouldn't have any issues on top of a full on rebuild.  I want a spare engine as not to dismantle my cars and leave one on blocks so to speak.  But could remove beater's engine if I can't find a reasonably priced engine ready to rebuild.

Anyone....have one sitting around gathering dust...?

Thanks.

1 person likes this

I’ll keep my eyes open.  The car we were talking about last week has been relisted at a higher price.  Maybe he had such a good response he got greedy.

Nigel

1 person likes this

I would consider selling mine when I return from Florida in April... it is on an engine stand right now.

I know where there is an entire car in running condition for $2,000 .... PM me if interested.  (It's not one of mine)

I can buy a complete car but I don't want to start a junk yard and sleeping location for the local mouse population.....they seem to know when you don't drive a vehicle for more than a week!
I am simply after an engine for a good price so I can put the money into rebuilding it.

Thanks.....

Shame you guys aren't this side of the pond.  No shortage of used motors, although diesels are less common.  I've thought about acquiring a roadster or Brabus engine to rebuild and have on standby for straight-swap duties should it ever be needed.