Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Willys

It was a bad day yesterday.....

7 posts in this topic

Yesterday was a hard hard day for us here.....we had to put our dog down to ease his medical issues and pain.   It's surprising the every day activities that he was part of, you don't realize it until he's not here to be part of them.  Damn.....

I'll be searching in a few weeks for another puppy to help ease our pain, the house feels so quiet....

sorry to hear,  pets become part of the family.   we have 2 labs and i don't know what i will do when the day comes to say goodbye to either of them.

1 person likes this

My condolences Jonathan.  We've been there and done that many times, and it doesn't get any easier over time. 

The white Lab / Shepherd cross was our most recent four-legged family member to depart.  She was with us for over 14 years.  We still miss Skye every day.

Fuzzybutt 01.jpg

Dogs 009.jpg

1 person likes this

Sorry to hear about Spike.  I was kind of hoping the freezing rain may have delayed you and he had a couple more good days.  I’ll be in touch I soon.  

Nigel

Posted (edited) · Report post

Pets are pretty good people. My big black tomcat was a constant companion for 15 years and it was not easy to do the right thing when his time came.

My condolences as well, hard to lose a buddy.

Might I suggest taking in an older dog that needs a home? My best dog was a 6 year old Golden Retriever Shepherd cross that we got from the SPCA. When we got him his coat had been clipped really short so I think someone in the family had developed allergies. Can't think of any other reason why they would give up such a good dog.

Edited by mender

Thanks guys......we tried the rescue route with the second to last dog we had....another Jack, yes I'm partial to them.  He had many anger issues after living on the streets for some time......lets just say, never again. sad to say!  He nearly ripped my other Jack to bits fighting over food. We kept him until his time came a few years back. He taught Spike bad habits such as barking at anything walking down the street and simply not liking other dogs. That is why we have waited for Spike to go before replacing Hubie the rescue. I like to have two dogs at the same time to keep themselves company and someone to play with. We have a fenced in yard just over an acre with a dog door so they can come and go as they please.  So the time is near to hunt for a pair to get somewhat back to normal. I'll start in a week or so seriously searching. Yes I have looked already!....but not seriously!....so I am telling myself. I want a Jack but the wife wants a Dashound  so we'll see...?  One of each....simple answer.

7 hours ago, Willys said:

One of each....simple answer.

Happy wife = Happy life :lol:

1 person likes this