Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yana

Want to buy a smart

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I just got my Licence and really love Smart cars. My budget is not very big and I’m looking at The 2004 Smart model. Many people are telling me that they are problematic and expensive to fix. But it’s the only car I like and wish to have, since I live on a small island (malta) and I think it would be economical and easy to park.

Do you know a good mechanic?

If you are set on buying the smart it would be wise to have it checked out by the mechanic before buying.

2 people like this

Do plenty of research and also visit this site as I expect it will help you greatly on your decision....Evilution.co.uk

Also will help if you are willing to learn to repair it yourself.  Yes they can be very expensive to repair if you need to rely on a shop....just saying.  They are a fun vehicle and if you can turn a wrench no reason not to own one.

Smarts are economical to operate, but expensive to maintain. Unless you are mechanically inclined, and have access to surplus cars to scavenge for parts, it may not be a wise purchase. As with any 15-year-old car, parts are becoming scarce, and repairs can be costly, even more so if you cannot do the work yourself. 

Edited by darren