Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smartc

electrical help please fuel pump i did something wrong

3 posts in this topic

Hi im new here a month ago i bought a smart car cdi after about 3 weeks the car stopped and would try too crank but couldnt hear the fuel pump. i looked up on the fourm and saw that others have had this problem. i removed the sam unit to check for water damage burned pins etc checked the fuse which was ok as well. i notice that the fuel pump red and black pin was burned on the brown connector, i opened the sam and soldered a wire to the pin directly and drilled a small hole to run it through as i saw someone do on a earlier post i connected the wire to a in line fuse 10amp and connected it to the side of the sam that seemed to b powered only in postion 2 but still nothing so i disconnected it.   then i cut the red black wire from the brown connector  that was melted ran it to what i thought is a postion 2 power source with a 10amp in line  fuse and then i could hear the fuel pump and the car would start but would continue after key was swtiched off but if i turn the key off and tap the brake pedal it would then turn off.   also if i press the brake pedal i can hear the fuel pump even with the key out of the iginition. as you can tell by this post i must have done something wrong somwhere car runs and drives all swtiches lights etc work but if i step on the brake pedal even with key out i hear  the fuel pump kick in. hope someone can help me with this mess i created.

kind regards

sorry  also forgot to add in i get in the car key out and press brake pedal dash lights come on and fuel pump comes on dont know if this helps with the possible diagnosis.