Stevecon

Beeping

12 posts in this topic

Could anyone help 

car runs and gears fine no problem

every time i come to a stop and go to drive away i have a beeping 

it happens as soon as i come of the brake every time 

will stop straight away once the gas peddle it pressed but happens every time 

only other thing i can see is the interior lights take a while to go out apart from this it drives fine

appriciate any help 

I will leave the "beeping" issue for others to comment on, but the interior light taking a long time to go out sounds like one of the doors is not completely closed or perhaps the rear window is not latched down firmly.  It's just a thought, but worth taking a look at.  If it's not as simple as that, it could be a faulty or poorly adjusted switch for the doors or the rear window.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Leadwing said:

I will leave the "beeping" issue for others to comment on, but the interior light taking a long time to go out sounds like one of the doors is not completely closed or perhaps the rear window is not latched down firmly.  It's just a thought, but worth taking a look at.  If it's not as simple as that, it could be a faulty or poorly adjusted switch for the doors or the rear window.

And a door or the rear hatch not being completely latched would also explain the beeping.

i was going to say to clean or totally bypass that white connector in front of the battery if its a 450...but im not sure if UK versions have that ..

might get better advice if year and model are mentioned

On 3/4/2019 at 8:41 AM, LooseLugNuts said:

i was going to say to clean or totally bypass that white connector in front of the battery if its a 450...but im not sure if UK versions have that ..

What does the white connector infront of the battery control?

Also, does anyone know what happens if you have a bad door switch and you are driving along? Does it cause the car to start beeing and go into limp mode?

On 3/4/2019 at 8:41 AM, LooseLugNuts said:

the white connector corrodes and sends false signals about door switches and water separator ...those lights in the dash pod 

i think when mine went bad it was causing beeps when sitting in drive but not when driving

and i remember thinking it was a door handle switch but it wasnt

Edited by LooseLugNuts

On 3/4/2019 at 10:41 AM, LooseLugNuts said:

just curious I have a 450 how do you bypass it? just unplug? Thank you 

29 minutes ago, ptooti said:

just curious I have a 450 how do you bypass it? just unplug? Thank you 

Cut the connector out and join the wires together.

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Cut the connector out and join the wires together.

Nigel thanks! .....ahhh ok eliminate the connector wire it direct!.  I saw that connector and my battery was loose in the well sliding forward and I put a chunk of rubber under the battery and tightened it down I was worried about that connector getting damaged I like the bypass option...sorry for the dumb question only had the car 10 days so far I'm learning lots here! 

yeah just cut it out and solder direct...

i also like to use heatshrink tube instead of tape...and i usually put a dab of dielectric grease on the soldered part before sliding on the heatshrink

the battery gasses make it corrode faster....make sure your battery vent tube is connected properly

1 person likes this

On 10/2/2020 at 10:56 AM, LooseLugNuts said:

yeah just cut it out and solder direct...

i also like to use heatshrink tube instead of tape...and i usually put a dab of dielectric grease on the soldered part before sliding on the heatshrink

the battery gasses make it corrode faster....make sure your battery vent tube is connected properly

oh i have not found the vent tube? anyone have a pic? 

there might be pictures of the battery somewhere on the site

its just a clear plastic tube that attaches to a port on the battery (assuming your car has the correct battery) and the tube fits into a floor grommet to vent gasses to the outside

edit: heres a picture from evilution website 

lhdbattery2.jpg

Edited by LooseLugNuts