AHZELA

P0702 woes

29 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, tolsen said:

2 wire connector I guess is for transmission speed sensor. 

For above, for gear change motor and for clutch actuator there are no repair kits available from Smart but there are for other Mercedes models that use same connectors. The problem is how to find these. You will need the services of a very skilled and helpful Mercedes parts person. 

MB Toronto actually does have one listed for the Shift Motor.  But it is the only one listed in the harness. I was hoping to find a part number for the other one to cross reference into the other MB listed connectors.

21 minutes ago, LooseLugNuts said:

figure out how to get the metal parts out of connector without damaging....then solder or re-crimp your own pigtail

I did try that. I was able to get the backside of it somewhat open to push a new wire into it beside the broken one. I still don't trust it for very long tho..  I know there are little pins that stick out to hold them in the connector, but I cant seem to get it to let go and pull the pin out.

Many years ago I posted details about terminal release tools and part numbers for repair terminals complete with short wire tail. Regrettably that was on onsmart which no longer exists.

You need a special release tool to get these terminals out of connector housing. 

On 3/17/2019 at 7:08 AM, tolsen said:

You need a special release tool to get these terminals out of connector housing. 

Yes I was looking at a kit that has the tool, and some connectors wires etc..  So I may do that. I also have found a part out 06 Smart with lower KM and have asked about the harness. I was thinking of maybe replaceing the whole thing. I have the issue again now, also with 3 bars so my fix in no longer! I have also come across some information here...

The numbers on the 'wierd' SpeedSensor plug 

19284024   I

19284025   II

19284026   III

19284027   IV

Not absolutely sure ... but I believe this is this one

https://www.automotive-connectors.com/bosch-1928402571-pt-full-assembled-2-way-female-jetronic-connector.html

The shifter motor plug is 192840, with nothing else 

Not absolutely sure ... but I believe it is one of these

https://www.automotive-connectors.com/bosch-1928403204-pt-full-assembled-6-way-female-bosch-compact-connector-1-m.html

or

https://www.automotive-connectors.com/1928403740-pt-deytrade-full-assembled-6-way-bosch-compact-connector-1-1m.html

The pictures do not show enough detail to judge.

Also these connectors to not have the heavier gauge wire on the power connectors (1 and 6)