Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dumbsmartgirl

How to disable Car Alarm?

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone here know how to disable the car alarm on a 2009 Fortwo Passion?

I don't like always having my alarm engaged every time I lock the car. Usually if I've parked it somewhere, chances are I'm going to be out of earshot of the car. I don't want my battery wearing down while it beeps its brains out and I'm not there to hear it. I don't want to remove the fuse, because I've heard that doing so would disable my high beams or something along with it. I just want to disengaged my car alarm, permanently if possible. Any ideas? 

From that thread: "The alarm is on the passenger side in front of the gas tank I just unplugged it. You need to drop the underbelly pan."  :)

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, darren said:

The 451s have an alarm?

Only if it was ordered from the factory ( of course, some may have added an aftermarket alarm.....)  :)

Thanks for the responses, folks! 

14 hours ago, jwight said:

From that thread: "The alarm is on the passenger side in front of the gas tank I just unplugged it. You need to drop the underbelly pan."  :)

I may have to get a mechanic to look at this. I don't think dropping the underbelly pan sounds like something within my ability. I'm afraid I'm not very mechanically inclined. 

16 hours ago, Huronlad said:

The first thread that comes up on Google, there may be something there.

https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f353/disabling-alarm-long-time-42658/

Thanks for the link. It seems a lot of people are having the same issues. One of them had my exact concern about leaving the car parked in Long-Term parking at the airport. 

Has anyone here ever tried taking off that little cap from the keyhole on the door handle? Would locking the door manually using the key (but not the fob) bypass the alarm altogether? 

4 hours ago, Dumbsmartgirl said:

Thanks for the responses, folks! 

I may have to get a mechanic to look at this. I don't think dropping the underbelly pan sounds like something within my ability. I'm afraid I'm not very mechanically inclined. 

Thanks for the link. It seems a lot of people are having the same issues. One of them had my exact concern about leaving the car parked in Long-Term parking at the airport. 

Has anyone here ever tried taking off that little cap from the keyhole on the door handle? Would locking the door manually using the key (but not the fob) bypass the alarm altogether? 

The key only unlocks the door - you can't lock it using the key (there's a cable involved which can be pulled but not pushed....) :)