smart65wife

Battery dead

6 posts in this topic

Little smart has been in storage since Nov. Was hooked up to Battery Tender to keep battery 100%. Unfortunately, plug got partially disengaged and battery is now dead 100%. Can I get a jump start to get it going again, or does this mean a new battery?

You can try a jump start, then take it for a short run.  Get it back home and shut it off and see if it will re-start.  If it does, you may be ok.  Use a battery charger or maintainer to bring it to a full charge and try it again.

If your battery is 100% dead, then you will find that the radio code will be needed to get that running again.

Good luck.

Thanks, Leadwing. I just discovered a card that said "Radio Identity card" - Then I checked the manual, but didn't find anything about this code. So I'm assuming this is something a dealer has to do? Does this affect only the radio?

punch the number into the stereo.  Use buttons 1-4.  hit lower right button on the left to enter code.

Button 1 does the first digit - starts at 1 and scrolls up to 9 as you push the 1 button.  Same for 2-3-4.  Stereo must be on of course....

1 person likes this