Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sydney

buying parts in canada

11 posts in this topic

where is the best place in Canada to order smart car parts?

i am just a regular joe,  and its hard to find suppliers that will sell to the general public.  

i forgot to mention,  i'm looking for brakes, springs, reluctor rings,  etc.

i bought springs from local carquest (lesjofors)

most everything else i needed came from rockauto and germanparts.ca.....another (last resort) source i tried really hard to avoid was local mercedes dealer...they were rarely helpful..

also Tolsen helped me with some parts once when i first joined here...

I'll say the stock oil filter, air filter and a few smaller parts were by far cheaper at the dealership amazingly, shocked....even cheaper than CTC..!   But the fuel filter was a CTC item as well as oil. I found the reluctor rings on either ebay or amazon for $20 if I remember correctly.  Brakes were a CTC item also and in stock..!!!!   roughly $200 again if i remember right..? Springs I do not know...but I expect they too will be an amazon ebay purchase.     I found a new set off a member here the first week I was here luckily.  Thanks buddy.   Got another front set?

LooseLugNuts has it pretty much covered.  Check germanparts.ca for pricing then check to see if your local suppliers are competitive.  I try to support the local guy if I can it has paid dividends in the past when I’ve needed parts for something odd ball.  Most of us find the reluctor rings on eBay out of Europe somewhere between twenty and forty dollars a pair delivered.

Willys I don’t have anymore springs so don’t break anymore.

Nigel

I find rockauto.com is the cheapest and easiest had to replace a alternator for my 2006 cdi they were the cheapest by far even with 1-2 day shipping it was only $250 ish (local dealers quoted about $400-$800)

I have a local alternator repair guy here who can get me a new Alt or starter around the $200 mark or very close to it....

Picked up a couple of wrecker alternators from LQK, they sell on eBay as well. Also buy from germanparts.ca (rotors and pads) granted that was before CTC stocked Brembo parts. Also have had to use the Mercedes dealer in Markham, had no problems with them either.

1 person likes this

i ordered 2 reluctor rings thru e-bay.  i am just waiting now for them to arrive,    been 3 weeks now.    hopefully they will arrive next week.

Posted (edited) · Report post

If you guys ever get really, really, stuck then remember that I'm your man across the pond ;)

Edited by Chopper
6 people like this