thanks

Electrical tape...problem solved...lol

1 person likes this

On 12/04/2019 at 9:01 PM, LooseLugNuts said:

delphi 150e

what is this tool ?

lap top needed ?

i see many "150e" from china for 40$

easier for you to research it instead of explaining it...you asked for a scan tool so i posted a link to the scantool i used for smarts

laptop?,,,yes,,,unless you want to drag a desktop one outside to your car

40?...yes...i think thats close to what i paid

12 minutes ago, LooseLugNuts said:

easier for you to research it instead of explaining it...you asked for a scan tool so i posted a link to the scantool i used for smarts

laptop?,,,yes,,,unless you want to drag a desktop one outside to your car

40?...yes...i think thats close to what i paid

i dont see any link sorry

the ones i see uses blue tooth and ultimately an iphone

Edited by patallen

5 hours ago, patallen said:

The genuine version runs on some android tablet.  Go for that if you are loaded. Will cost you around CAD 3000. 

3 times what a STAR system will run you , but hey......your choice...lol

19 hours ago, patallen said:

oops..link was posted in a different thread

search on aliexpress they are usually under $50 shipped...and most come with the software and key generator to activate it ....you need to follow their install directions right in order to get it working....key generators will always show as a virus 

dont bother with bluetooth versions...it just complicates it more

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=delphi+ds150

Edited by LooseLugNuts

+1 for the Delphi.  Not had occasion to use mine on my own Smart yet, but reset the airbag light on my Sister's new (to her) 451 recently.

I'm not a computer buff by any means, but it runs just dandy on my 5 year old middle of the road Dell laptop.

1 person likes this

thanks for the reply, i am looking at a transportable unit such as the launch, creader, i carsoft or Autel.

i will look for icarsfot i980, i have one for the BMW and i like it a lot. paid like 125$.

23 minutes ago, tolsen said:

I have an Autel. Handy when traveling. Fits in underseat drawer. 

what model. please.

i use a cheap autel 609 scan tool daily  ...useful for most cars but did not read anything on smart other than basic engine codes and some data....i always grabbed the delphi for smart

autel does make some really good high end scantool though if you have the dough for it

42 minutes ago, patallen said:

what model. please.

Autel FR704 which was meant only to read French cars. Autel made four identical looking scanners but loaded with different software, one scanner for French cars, one for German and Swedish, one for Japanese and one for US cars. I managed to source all software and have loaded what I need on my FR704. By reading my Smart as different models of Mercs I can read all systems. The scanner was not cheap. Cost me £165 new about  seven years ago. 

when i last worked as a mechanics few years ago (part time job) i used an autel "tablet" fully loaded using a dongle and wifi. it was very neat.

i am waiting on carsoft i980 information because some seems to do the smart and some dont....depending on the vendor.

i contacted icarsoft direct.

so here i am again

i bought the iCarsoft MB V2.0 with some confidence and with good reviews.

looks like i am not done yet with this car

-the scan tool is not able to communicate with the ABS module

-altought it says no code in airbag module, the airbag light is on...

wtf.....

i guess i will need to inspect all wiring condition and plugs first....

airbag light turn off for a brief moment at power up but turn back on

abs....the car literally brakes for few blurps when i first use it in the morning, then the ABS light turn on and it stays....one wheel sensor or a ring maybe...

but the tool is not able to communicate with it...

any help would be appreciated

Thanks.

I know I will get told for suggesting this but I'll try again...lol....you're 100% sure all rings are 100% good? And sensors?  I will also again suggest the tool that seems to work but will cost you to buy...STAR...

I'll sit back down now...lol

the abs communication with delphi is a crapshoot in my opinion

my 05 coupe it read abs module just fine...it couldnt read the 05 cabrio...i have no idea why

airbag communications worked just fine for both...the coupe had codes because i turned the key on with the seats out...the cabrio had codes due to side deployment when it hit a curb during a u-turn

i have not inspected the rings yet i was expecting the scan tool to tell me which one is wrong (like it does on my BMW 530XI+ speed in real time for each wheels)

it doesnt communicate at all with it so its all bad investment so far

plus it doesnt tell the airbag code

furthemore i cannot update the firmware their web site is all fucked up

my car is a 2006 and the tool only goes up to 2005...wtf

For the easy job of a visual check compared to the costs of a scan tool that you may or may not know will work etc....I'd be taking a peek.....the rings are cheap also from England and arrive fast. I'm sorry I do not know about any scan tool but the one you don't want...lol....as I couldn't be 100% sure which one would work flawlessly.....either.  I think you need some back ground knowledge to comfortable making either tool work also...even this STAR will test your mental abilities finding where you want to get to if you do not use it on a regular basis..!   But it can do it all from what I see. No I'm definately no expert at all and need help finding my way around inside it sometimes.  But again, how many trips to a dealership or hairs are you willing to pull out before breaking down ...? That's the question...lol.  IF you have the computer knowledge and mechanical back ground then you should be OK to get either tool to work once to find one. Computers are not my strong suit that's for sure!