Littleharoldeh

Fortwo crazy noisy inside

7 posts in this topic

So I’ve had my 2006 for two passion diesel for a couple years now. I like it. Bought used. Has 140,000km as of now. last year I notice after I took my winters and put my summers that it sure seemed noisy inside and I think it’s gotten worst. At 80km it’s unreal loud. When I get to 100km it’s loud but not as bad. 

Tires look fine to me. The noise comes from the back. Engine panel is closed. I did some searching on the forum. To me it has all the symptoms of wheel bearings. However I jack it up and found no play whatsoever in them. Any thoughts. I defiantly was not like this when I bought it. Nearest faker is 300 km away so not going there any time soon. Thanks in advance 

You might not see any play but are they noisy when you spin the wheels? 

Nigel

The noise will soon become unbearable so change the offending wheel bearing ASAP. 

Anyone in Canada know where you can get these rear wheel bearings. Looks from a smart dealer is all I can find. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

yeah german parts is the only place ive found rear ones...there are some on ebay but most of those (possibly all) are wrong spline and are for newer 451

ive used fronts from both german parts and a much cheaper version from rockauto...but rockauto never listed back ones

edited to add : I never actually installed the rear one...just gave it to the new owner after discovering it was actually the front one making the noise that i could have sworn was coming from the back

Edited by LooseLugNuts