Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sydney

possible blown engine

8 posts in this topic

So it's time to part out one of my parts cars. (I can't keep them all). This one is an 06 base model coupe. I paid $350 for it and so far have the cd player with code and a good clutch actuator. So I figure I got my money back already. I am going to completely strip the car and save everything.

I just wondering about the engine. Upon inspection I found the coolant tank full of engine oil.

Head gasket ???

IMG_20190510_172923.jpg

I'll bet someone filled it by mistake with engine oil...lol...and it's the coolant system that is full of oil not the other way around...?   Just a thought?   Hmmmmm.....what's the head liner and roof like..lol.  Wanna trade, sun roof for solid..?   It's just glued down after all.....I am thinking? 

Make sure you hand onto that rear window, they were made from solid gold from what they are asking for used ones....dang...!

I'd also take the engine apart and look at what actually is wrong with it and then decide if you want a nice fresh rebuild....sitting ready or slip it in the daily driver and have a good used one ready...?

1 person likes this

worth looking into unless its seized up

and even then id still do a tear down just to pick out the good parts off the engine

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Willys said:

I'll bet someone filled it by mistake with engine oil...lol...and it's the coolant system that is full of oil not the other way around...?   Just a thought?   Hmmmmm.....what's the head liner and roof like..lol.  Wanna trade, sun roof for solid..?   It's just glued down after all.....I am thinking? 

Make sure you hand onto that rear window, they were made from solid gold from what they are asking for used ones....dang...!

If I could get the roof to you, you can have it. It is one part that I cant see me ever needing.

8 hours ago, Sydney said:

If I could get the roof to you, you can have it. It is one part that I cant see me ever needing.

My money is on head gasket seriously.....so when are you cutting her apart? lol.