Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pmcn500

Hi there everyone...

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi Everyone...

Just bought my first ever Smart, a 2006 Cdi, and my only regret is not having done this sooner. !!

The car is in immaculate condition..... think ive been quite lucky with this one as it was 1 owner since new and had a full Mercedes service history....

I have only a couple of small mods I would like to do.... and that is upgrade the speakers just now.... then maybe the head unit in time to come.

I have looked at evolution....(paid my $10) and I was wondering if I can just add two speakers in a custom rear shelf, and then simply split the rear as the left channel.... and fronts as the right channel....?

Any thoughts on this....?

Looking forward to being part of the community....

Smart.jpg

Smart engine.jpg

Edited by pmcn500

Welcome to the club!

I've seen that speaker upgrade and it works. That's the most cost effective way.

I would recommend changing the oil more frequently than the dealer schedule, say every 5-6,000 kms.

1 person likes this

Welcome to the site, enjoy, great bunch of guys here, very knowledgeable for sure.  Good call on the donation to Evilution, technically a great site!

your car looks brand new.   welcome to the group.

6 hours ago, pmcn500 said:

Hi Everyone...

Just bought my first ever Smart, a 2006 Cdi, and my only regret is not having done this sooner. !!

The car is in immaculate condition..... think ive been quite lucky with this one as it was 1 owner since new and had a full Mercedes service history....

I have only a couple of small mods I would like to do.... and that is upgrade the speakers just now.... then maybe the head unit in time to come.

I have looked at evolution....(paid my $10) and I was wondering if I can just add two speakers in a custom rear shelf, and then simply split the rear as the left channel.... and fronts as the right channel....?

Any thoughts on this....?

Looking forward to being part of the community....

Smart.jpg

Smart engine.jpg

WOW...!    I can only wish mine looked a good as this.....Damn!     As Sydney says, looks like it just rolled off the assembly line!  How many kms and where did you find this beauty!...?
I would be doing the inter-cooler rub through mod asap before you become a victim. A pain but better than fixing it.   I can't get over how nice this engine bay looks!

1 person likes this