Hans

MDC Cruise Control

8 posts in this topic

Looking for user feedback related to the MDC cruise control kit offered by Smartmadness.com stateside.  Considering installation in a 2007 CDI ..........

I have the MDC cruise control in one of mine and it has worked flawlessly from the day it was installed.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Another idea that is probably less expensive.  Izzy (stickman007 on this forum) is in Edmonton and I know he has a Star machine and as a side business services smart cars.  Model 450 s have cruise in the computer already. You just need the cruise control stalk for either the  cabrio or couple depending on what you have and then have Izzy activate the cruise.  Glenn did mine here in Ontario and it took him less than 45 minutes start to finish.

Nigel

Edited by Nigel

Not sure if you can code cruise control on the later models. Seems like you need to be networked to MB in Germany to do the  simplest thing. 

Good comments gents.  Waiting for response from my mechanic cousin in Berlin also.  I believe he is with Porsche.

His 1st. Message indicated he found shop manuals for me at this web site.......  www.paul-pietsch-verlage.de

I have now completed installation of cruise control unit for my 2007 Smart (Typ 450).  The MDC unit has a version 2.8 sticker on the circuit board.  Complete manual was downloaded from www.misterdotcom.de

Customization programming toke about 45 minutes to run through the gamut of options-settings possible.   

In summary, this MDC cruise control is working very well along with the throttle Speedbooster options.

Hans

The MDC on my ‘05, installed in ‘07, works better than the factory activated cruise control on my ‘06.

The MDC restores the previous speed after acceleration.  The factory system has to be re-set after acceleration.

The factory system on my ‘06 is a pain in the ass, having to re-set the cruise after any acceleration .

The MDC has an activation light which can be used anywhere on the dash.  The factory system has no lighting.

Factory cruise control was not though out and designed very well in the 450 model.