Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stickman007

3D Printed ScangaugeII Mount

10 posts in this topic

While I was waiting for the EGR plug to print the other day (it currently takes 7.5hrs/set), I though to myself what else can I make that would be useful. So I started drafting a ScangaugeII mount on CAD. So here's what came out of it. It works, still lots of room for improvements, but I finally have a place to put it without resorting to it sitting on the dash or some mount on a windshield.

IMG_0640.jpgIMG_0641.jpgIMG_0642.jpgIMG_0646.jpg

Any suggestions?

Izzy

1 person likes this

OK, now shorten the mirror bracket to bring it closer to the roof and reduce the gap between the two.....maybe..?

1 hour ago, Willys said:

OK, now shorten the mirror bracket to bring it closer to the roof and reduce the gap between the two.....maybe..?

if you are moving the mirror, why not up an inch and a couple inches closer to the windshield??

1 person likes this

Not changing the original mirror bracket. It’s just a small spacer that fits between the metal mount and the mirror bracket.

Could design a new shorter mirror bracket, but I think evilution already has done that and the link to the 3D printing file is on his site.

You guys all would like a mirror bracket that shifts the mirror closer to the windshield? That can be done I suppose.

I would just like the mirror to take up less windshield real estate in my field of vision.

So to move it up and closer to the windshield, that'll do....lol

1 person likes this

It’s all about compromise. I’d like a better view out the rear but I also hate the mirror in my face so Mercedes got it right, nobody is happy. 

its like the goalie is standing on the blue line....push him back towards the net a bunch...

1 person likes this

For you guys who want the mirror relocated.

Canadian tire sells replacement rear view mirrors that glue on or there thousands of then in wreaking yards.

Just remove the stock one and glue the new one onto the glass.

Be sure to use the correct glue, CTC and others sell it or go to an auto glass shop and they will glue them on for a small fee.

The new mirror would be wider, not as tall and could be set a lot higher.

I'm sure something could be done to the factory mount to make it look better.