Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tedder

Wanted cdi Fuel Pump

5 posts in this topic

Hey Gang. Glenn suggested I work around the fuel pump relay, but when I did it still gives no fuel. I put power directly to the pump, and nothing. Anybody got a parts car, willing to part with your fuel pump? 2006 450 cdi. Tedder in Brockville

$224 brand new at german parts dot ca

personally id choose a new one when it comes to pumps

after checking the wiring of course...i also like to peel open the actual pump to see why it quit (usually its brushes or worn slip rings)

I would tend to agree with above.....being left on the side of the road because of a bad maybe used pump would ruin my day to say the least!  What's the chance of it happening and how far out of the way do you travel daily....?   If in town al the time then the choice may be a different one, but out of town mostly...I'll spend for a new one.....just my bent nickle's worth...lol

Thanks, LooseLugNuts for the suggestion. My mechanic friend came over with his OBD and re-taught the clutch actuator. He was suspecting that there may be a built-in system that prevents the car from running until the clutch & actuator are re-taught. But it still wouldn't fire. Next I will be dropping the fuel tank to replace the pump. Are there any tricks or pit-falls that I need to watch out for? I don't see anything on Evilution, so I assume the job is straightforward.

Straight forward job.....on a Smart Car.........LMFAO.....lol.....lol...lol

1 person likes this