fartman

outside temp. sensor

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, my outside temperature sensor is displaying in fahrenheit !! i'm i the only one ? is there a way to switch to celsius ? i own a 2006 passion cdi

Hi there. I'm not absolutely positive but I believe the only way to do that is with a STAR computer. I'm pretty sure it can't be done without some sort of electronic wizardry...

MB Star or Winstar. 

No other known way. 

17 hours ago, fartman said:

Hi everyone, my outside temperature sensor is displaying in fahrenheit !! i'm i the only one ? is there a way to switch to celsius ? i own a 2006 passion cdi

As it should do......:D

1 person likes this

@fartman, are you running a Scangauge or similar, perchance?

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, jwight said:

As it should do......:D

Soooo wrong... :P

Edited by ShMarty
Typo
1 person likes this

this is not a scan gauge, it's the temperature displayed in the cluster. at each press of the button you switch between the odometer, the trip odometer, and the outside temp. bizzare because everything else is metric , speed is in kilometers and the odometer too. this is not a big deal, i was just curious…

3 hours ago, fartman said:

this is not a scan gauge, it's the temperature displayed in the cluster. at each press of the button you switch between the odometer, the trip odometer, and the outside temp. bizzare because everything else is metric , speed is in kilometers and the odometer too. this is not a big deal, i was just curious…

Yup I know, but a Scangauge with a CAN bus type cable can do this (°C to °F) and also make odometer readings change.  Hence why I asked.