Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
riverside

2008 Smart Fortwo 451 Airbag light will not clear

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I am getting code B11E1 on this smartcar. It was involved in a frt end collision we have replaced the airbag sensors, drivers airbag, clockspring, control module and seatbelt pretensioner. I have read the data on everything on the SRS all systems are OK or reading normal... this code will not clear. Anyone have anymore information on this code or what else we can do? Much appreciated thanks everyone.

DTC: b11E1 "Fault or disturbance in CAN message from control unit Instrument cluster (VIN)"

The SRS fault light has to be cleared using a STAR machine.

1 person likes this

I just purchased an iCarSoft MBII which is just for MB type vehicles.  It immediately showed me the fault was from low resistance in driver's seat, I checked and re-connected plugs under seat, then re-set the codes.  

All is now fine with code gone, also useful in clearing codes from SAM, re-setting service notice etc.

This scanner comes in numerous models, however the software in the model is specifically for MB products including Smart..

If you are in the chilliwack area, I am able to help you, I have lots of time being retired.

2 people like this

On 6/6/2019 at 7:57 PM, jwight said:

The SRS fault light has to be cleared using a STAR machine.

or any scantool that does smart and has srs capabilities

1 person likes this

Just a question, have you had your speedo out? If so, maybe you pushed a pin in that the air bag uses by mistake like I have done and it's setting off your air bag light like mine is.....I did this when the main plug didn't go back in easily and I semi forced it back together....I know why so haven't fixed it yet.   Just wondering?