Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Willys

Do you fella's every drive EAST...?

14 posts in this topic

LOL....as the title says....Do you fine group of Smarts ever drive EAST and get a tad closer to us located within the Toronto area for a casual meet and greet supper....?

I'm a fair drive even to Toronto and would love it if it could be arranged to meet a bit closer to the EAST......I also do not know of any eateries within this area......other than close to my location.......unless you guys want to drive the drive up to the true NORTH...lol

Hmmm......Would there be any interest in a lunch meet one weekend either at a local beach or maybe even here one weekend....?  Our local beach is not too bad for a nice dip on a sunny day......Hmmmm.....?   We have a few places ranging from the simple quiet local resturant to a nice pub in town for a pint and burger or fish and chips.......

Actually, we do go east occasionally, but a lot of the attending members still work so travelling further than Long Point or Woodstock makes it impossible for them to get to the meets at, or even close to the 6pm (18:00 hrs.) start time..  Perhaps (as you suggested) a day-trip on a weekend could bring us closer together.  Perhaps the Orangeville area or Alliston could work.  Could you make a few suggestions about a possible meet location?  (An actual restaurant or pub)  Maybe we can put something together.

We have gone as far north as Bayfield and as far west as Chatham and Sarnia for our usual Tuesday evening meets.  During the time that I have been a member, the furthest east was Long Point or Turkey Point.  Both are SOUTH and east from the London area, so it would still be a fair hike for you and Nigel. 

43 minutes ago, Leadwing said:

Actually, we do go east occasionally, but a lot of the attending members still work so travelling further than Long Point or Woodstock makes it impossible for them to get to the meets at, or even close to the 6pm (18:00 hrs.) start time..  Perhaps (as you suggested) a day-trip on a weekend could bring us closer together.  Perhaps the Orangeville area or Alliston could work.  Could you make a few suggestions about a possible meet location?  (An actual restaurant or pub)  Maybe we can put something together.

We have gone as far north as Bayfield and as far west as Chatham and Sarnia for our usual Tuesday evening meets.  During the time that I have been a member, the furthest east was Long Point or Turkey Point.  Both are SOUTH and east from the London area, so it would still be a fair hike for you and Nigel. 

what about really far east....  lol.        i know one member did it in February.  

Orangeville is a good location, a nice drive for all concerned. I'll search it out on line and see what is there, maybe a preliminary lunch is in order to make sure....you up for it..?

I am enjoying the island so much I don’t know if I will ever come east again except to sell the house.  Drove through Ladysmith yesterday on the way to Ucluelet and keep falling in love with the different areas out here.

Nigel

2 people like this

What's the price of living there compared to here...? That's the biggest factor isn't it..?   I agree, BC is God's Country.....if you stay away from the cities....IMHO...I hate too many people and traffic, more than anything now a days.  The island is very nice I will admit.....lucky bugger.

7 hours ago, Sydney said:

what about really far east....  lol.        i know one member did it in February.  

It would be kinda tough to make it for the 6pm start time.

5 hours ago, Willys said:

Orangeville is a good location, a nice drive for all concerned. I'll search it out on line and see what is there, maybe a preliminary lunch is in order to make sure....you up for it..?

Up for it?   Sure!  Name the date, time and location.

19 minutes ago, Leadwing said:

It would be kinda tough to make it for the 6pm start time.

Up for it?   Sure!  Name the date, time and location.

OK, maybe during the week for a lunch if they are open so as not to make it a long day....and I'll wrap up a few exhausts welded up if you have space...?

I'll search out somewhere on the inter thingie as our famous leader would say...lol.    As I do not know of anywhere off the cuff.   If you wish to do the same we can compare thoughts..?

So far I'm free all next week but not the week after.  If that helps...?

I do not know what people think of the Swiss, but they seem to serve all sorts of food now a days...?  And a beverage or two..?  OR does it have to be a pub atmosphere type joint...?  A simple family diner..?  But may not have the drinks we need...?

9 hours ago, Willys said:

So far I'm free all next week but not the week after.  If that helps...?

I do not know what people think of the Swiss, but they seem to serve all sorts of food now a days...?  And a beverage or two..?  OR does it have to be a pub atmosphere type joint...?  A simple family diner..?  But may not have the drinks we need...?

Any time next week works for me.

For me, it doesn't 'need' to be a pub atmosphere.  A diner is fine.  I don't drink alcohol anyway.  Other members might prefer a pub-type place since most seem to prefer a place where alcohol is sold.  There is a place down this way called the New Sarum Diner.  It serves great food AND alcohol.

We are searching Orangeville, aren't we......a halfway point type area to try out...?

For a possible weekend mid afternoon meet..?

1 hour ago, Willys said:

We are searching Orangeville, aren't we......a halfway point type area to try out...?

For a possible weekend mid afternoon meet..?

That makes sense.