stickman007

Recommendation for Chinese turbo cartridge vendor

58 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, BWM said:

I get lots of deliveries from Rock Auto done by FedEx

rockauto and many other suppliers have learned to gain Canadian buyers by implementing a better system

if you pay attention to your rockauto bill youll see duties are prepaid/precharged before they ship....they are acting as the broker to eliminate the fee...similar to the pitney bowes global shipping program you see on ebay

edit: it also depends on the product value and manufacturing origin....some items are duty free depending where they were made...some items that had duty charges last year are duty free now because the value limit of import items was recently raised

Edited by LooseLugNuts

8 hours ago, stickman007 said:

The missing flange showed up at the door.

IMG_0319.jpgIMG_0320.jpg

Can't complain...looks alright.

This is very funny, mine also showed up yesterday......was just about to post the same...lol...I will now give the seller a very good review for sure...I NEVER expected to see this, I am shocked!   The only thing it's missing are the 3 bolts to join the two parts together, unless I missed them in the box. I'll be looking again today. Had a fellow Smart owner visiting yesterday.   Now it's a simple replace and save old turbo unit just in case plan of attack.   Got to love a nice fresh new piece....

On ‎2019‎-‎07‎-‎07 at 11:09 AM, MikeT said:

You should be able to get to 16.7!  That's what mine boosts to.

does anyone know at what pressure does the computer spit an overboost code??

I don't but the nominal peak boost is 1.15 bar.

15 hours ago, LooseLugNuts said:

1.2 bar max according to Tolsen 

1.2=17.4 psi...….i have been hitting 17.....next question, if i throw an overboost code and go to limp mode, will my scan guage clear the code so i can continue on my way, or do i need star for that one?