stickman007

Recommendation for Chinese turbo cartridge vendor

58 posts in this topic

The turbo should show up tomorrow...still no word on addition brokage fee yet. Probably should pick up extra exhaust studs and the copper nuts from the MB if they have them in stock.

12 hours ago, slipperyslope said:

you gotsta think positive....lol

LMAO....!

Posted (edited) · Report post

12 hours ago, stickman007 said:

The turbo should show up tomorrow...still no word on addition brokage fee yet. Probably should pick up extra exhaust studs and the copper nuts from the MB if they have them in stock.

fed ex wont mention it ....but theyll send you a bill for it about a month later

at least thats how it used to be...i dont know if they still do it that way because i never use them unless its thru someone like rockauto that arranges prepay duties to avoid brokerage charges

the last straw for me was a $30 brokerage fee on a $2 duty

Edited by LooseLugNuts

Well...Fedex dropped it on my front door this morning while I was at work.

The turbo looks okay, and the shaft felt good. However, as anticipated, something is not right...

This is what I got:

UTB8V4hPO5aMiuJk43PTq6ySmXXas.jpg

And this was what they advertised on the listing:

missing.jpg

I circled it for the vender as he says that everything was included!

Hmmmmm.....well that's a problem....isn't it...!

Time for a stiff complaint and hopefully a refund or price adjustment...?...!!!!
Hopefully it gets straightened out, watching eagerly.

Damn......!

...ive never had any problems with aliexpress sellers

im curious too to see what happens....every single picture in their listing shows the missing piece ...

Posted (edited) · Report post

The seller says that he will send me that flange...but we'll see.

Put the turbo on today. Primed the turbo with oil, and after everything is tightened fired it up. Engine ran....turbo spooled up and no issues noted so far. Will need to take it for a rip later tonight to set the waste gate - wonder if its pre-adjusted...guess I'll find out. You can see the ugly polyurethane filled motor mounts. Its been almost 2.5wks since placing an order from Eddy for the motor mounts and haven't heard anything other than one of the is out of stock and shipping from Germany.

turbo.jpg

I did end up checking the play on the old turbo...there was a lot of play on the shaft.

Edited by stickman007
2 people like this

Must be a rather dimensionally well made copy since your original turbo outlet parts fits. 

1 person likes this

I just noticed this...the waste gate assembly is on the top rather than side! The whole orientation is shifter.

Wastegate appears to be in same position as mine. 

TurboBlankedOff-1.jpg

Hmmm...maybe it was just perception.

Took it out for a rip...felt that the power was a bit low, then I saw on my SG2 that I was only peaking at 12.5psi. Adjusted the waste gate and now I’m peaking at 14.5psi....much improvement in power. will try to take it out for a longer drive before pushing it to 15.5psi.

You should be able to get to 16.7!  That's what mine boosts to.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, tolsen said:

Wastegate appears to be in same position as mine. 

may i ask what the story is behind that photo?...it appears you made a blockoff plate 

im just wondering what you were doing or checking

3 hours ago, LooseLugNuts said:

may i ask what the story is behind that photo?...it appears you made a blockoff plate 

im just wondering what you were doing or checking

In 2007 twelve years ago I blew my original turbo when attempting overtaking a car on a steep hill (up B974 Cairn o’Mount road just passed Spital bridge and ruin). Replacement turbo came from Florida and would take at least three weeks to arrive. I therefore rigged my Smart for turboless operation. I recall it became totally lame struggling getting up to 40 mph but kept me mobile. 

1 person likes this

On 7/3/2019 at 10:56 PM, stickman007 said:

Well...Fedex dropped it on my front door this morning while I was at work.

The turbo looks okay, and the shaft felt good. However, as anticipated, something is not right...

This is what I got:

UTB8V4hPO5aMiuJk43PTq6ySmXXas.jpg

And this was what they advertised on the listing:

missing.jpg

I circled it for the vender as he says that everything was included!

Hmmmm......?

Seems I got the very same package this afternoon, simply dumped at my front door. It was simply wrapped up in bubble wrap and packing foam in a Fed-ex shipping envelope...!   It isn't damaged but I can't see why not....AUGH!  I bet that thing turned into a foot ball on more than one occasion! 
Anyway back to the missing piece, same here.   I also have sent question to seller and hopefully will get the same answer and a new piece sent out.  I'm in no rush at all. I have plenty to do before thinking of installing it. So I can wait to get it right......or....it may be going back or I want  what it costs to get that piece refunded.   Hmmmmm......but it looks so nice all shinney and new...lol.

Yikes, those Chinese turbos look unconvincing...

This is a german made cartridge I believe - a friend of mine ordered one late last year for the cdi I sold him, paid a couple hundred Canadian and then some in the end, but it seems he was very happy with it, but then you don't get the extra housing (or whatever china decides to ship to you)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rumpfgruppe-NEU-SMART-ForTwo-799ccm-33kW-40kW-OM660-A6600901280-54319700000/113755479827?hash=item1a7c5adf13:g:YP4AAOSwhXRc4lGm

Made it to 15.4psi today...still need to keep going till I get past 16psi. No leaks yet, just the normal weeping from the ccv. One thing I did notice is that the turbo is really quiet compared to before. I barely hear it now.

1 person likes this

Took Red Pxl for a longer drive since changing turbo. Drove 200km today to Wabamun Lake and around the back highway west of Edmonton. Boost reached 16.5psi without any issues....still no leaks! Might be placebo effect, but I’m thinking my fuel economy has improved slightly. Will see how long this turbo will last.

Izzy

3 people like this

Do let us know!

I've got my 451 back, loaned out one of my three Suzuki's instead....

Keeping an eye out for a 451 cab

Any news on that missing piece yet....?  I haven't seen it yet....

Nope...probably not going to get it. But I can always write a nice review on his page! My expectations were pretty low for getting a Chinese turbo...the fact that it hasn't blown up or leaked or catch on fire...etc is more than what I bargained for. Fuel economy is definitely better, turbo sound is minimal....can't complain if it can last till winter.

was it physically delivered by fedex?....and did you get a fedex bill yet for brokerage fees?

just curious because ive been avoiding sellers that use fedex and im wondering if they still play quiet and send outrageous brokerage fee bills weeks after like they used to

Haven’t gotten one....yet

Will keep u guys posted if I get a bill or if the seller honours the missing flange

I get lots of deliveries from Rock Auto done by FedEx and various other suppliers state side and never seen a broker fee from them.

The only time we paid any fee was a duty fee and broker fees on some climbing gear and we were informed of costs before it proceeded thru customs and we paid the driver when they delivered it.

Been getting most of my car, tractor, golf cart and snowmobile parts state side the last 10 yrs now as costs with shipping and exchange rate is about a third what it costs in Canada.

Most times I can get it faster from the states than I can local as they 9 out of 10 times need to order it in and takes them 3 to 10 days to get it then I have to go pick it up.

Most part I order state side is here 2 to 3 days and dropped at my door even if no one is home and the bonus is I always know where my part is by using the tracking number.

Have never bought from other countries though so can't comment on that.

But from the one time I had broker and duty fees they called before proceeding with costs up front before they would deliver and I just paid the driver on delivery.

Hmmmm.....I am also hoping for the missing flange, but I have an open complaint against the seller, not officially moving yet...but if they do not honor this piece I will go after some compensation from any avenue i can...I have never been stiffed before like this.....it's not life or death just inconvenient as i want to be able to simply bolt on a system and not have to rebuild any of it.  But I can buy this piece from a wrecker if i have to and get it cleaned up worst comes to worst.  I have a hand held sandblaster.  I'll give the seller a month then I'll start official action.

As  for brokerage fee's, I have been bitten a few times mostly from the USA...go figure!  I am always very careful not to order from anywhere who say anything about brokerage fees.  If possible.  Like i said i have had to pay hundreds in the past and it was always added after the fact and was demanded at the door before the courier would release items to me.....totally criminal..imho!   If they need fees it should be upfront from the start....not after the product gets to your door and you have already paid for item, they know you will pay in fear of loosing the money already spent.