3 posts in this topic

I have a 2000 city coupe 0.6 and it recently required a brake fluid change due to the reduced boiling point of the brake fluid.  Reading on various forums there is talk of a vacuum pump providing brake assist, is this only on diesel models?  I also notice that when I do a hill start the brakes do not hold you for a couple of seconds so there is probably a problem with the brake assist.  When I have the brakes retested although there is a little too much travel in the brake pedal for my liking the car passes its safety test in Europe. 

Check your brake lines, as well as air in your lines. The age of your car look at the rubber lines front and back for expansion presence, Have some one push the brakes and some one look at the rubber line for expansion,  If so replace all of them.   As for the power brake assist, You have to follow the lines and see if they lead to one if all else is good and go from there.  

1 person likes this

Wild! Thanks for the reply, the brakes test on performance OK so I do not think that the lines have air in them pumping adds no improvement, air would show up on the brake tester, I am pretty sure the manual that I got with the car talks about brake assist.  Does anyone know where the vacuum is sourced on a petrol MC01, as if it comes off the manifoldI would get a DFC.