Timohtay

Bearings?

27 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Chopper said:

I'd the stub axle is worn, which I'm sure it ain't, then why did they put the bearing on it knowing that it would fail? They're pulling your plonker with that excuse.

Exactly what I was thinking. What they told me was, that the sub axle had ovaled slightly. My reply was, why wasn't this caught before? It was probably the 3sets of bearings improperly installed that caused this to happen in the first place. But I guess I'll see now forsure because what else could it be that causes this to happen? The car doesn't shimmy, doesn't shake. You can drive straight with no hands on the wheel everything else in the front end is good. Like I said, it will be under warranty now, spindle and bearing and all the parts that go with it. 

1 person likes this

On 7/26/2019 at 7:44 AM, Timohtay said:

Exactly what I was thinking. What they told me was, that the sub axle had ovaled slightly. My reply was, why wasn't this caught before? It was probably the 3sets of bearings improperly installed that caused this to happen in the first place. But I guess I'll see now forsure because what else could it be that causes this to happen? The car doesn't shimmy, doesn't shake. You can drive straight with no hands on the wheel everything else in the front end is good. Like I said, it will be under warranty now, spindle and bearing and all the parts that go with it. 

Picked my car up yesterday. Feels and sounds better but today will be the test as I have to drive to work. It's a good jaunt at highway speeds. The slightest scraping sound and it's going back. On my way home I usually never listen to the radio, I just listen to to my car. I've missed it the last week! 😁 and the actuator they replaced seems much better to, as I drove home from the dealership in a humid 40degree day in stop and go Friday traffic and the car didn't conk out at all. Big sigh of relief 😌 

2 people like this