Hotshot

Want free Service Manuals?

7 posts in this topic

Chilton online.  How do you get that free...? 

LIBRARY!   

I found my my local public library has a online membership to Chiltons. From that I can use my iPad from home and print.  

You up are welcome.  Took me a day of searching. 

I remember the good old days when home spannering was much more prevalent than it is in these modern throwaway times.  Our library had a good stock of Haynes manuals  - the UK rough equivalent of Clymer manuals - and they were all covered in greasy fingerprints, and so well used they looked more like puff pastries than books!

1 person likes this

This old fart STILL perfers paper to a laptop sitting near my job......there just is something satisfying holding onto a dirty well used manual..imho.

I will say that the internet can solve far more when as they say, "the shit hits the fan"...lol

1 person likes this

56 minutes ago, Willys said:

This old fart STILL perfers paper to a laptop sitting near my job......there just is something satisfying holding onto a dirty well used manual..imho.

I will say that the internet can solve far more when as they say, "the shit hits the fan"...lol

Agree. Thats why I hit the print button, double sided, enlarged all the pics and put in a plastic binder.   You can. 

I will say, being in profession that we have thousands of tech manuals and weather apps at my disposal, the iPad is amazing for bright, large on demand  and graphics  and vids, 2 inches from my projects.