Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
strelnik

New owner near Windsor ON

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

Am a new own on the Michigan side of Canada, lol.

I have acquired 2 each 451 cars, each of which has a host of issues. One is going to the dealers for diagnosis. The other I will check out because it needs a new 0.9L gas engine - non turbo- and I need parts sources. I have gotten lots of data on the vehicles and I have a good OBD-II scanner, so we'll see how this works.

Maybe we can do a smart Dream Cruise with a convoy next years during the Detroit Dream Cruise-- Hands across the water (the Detroit River, lol)!!

Welcome!

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 0:59 PM, strelnik said:

Hello,

Am a new own on the Michigan side of Canada, lol.

I have acquired 2 each 451 cars, each of which has a host of issues. One is going to the dealers for diagnosis. The other I will check out because it needs a new 0.9L gas engine - non turbo- and I need parts sources. I have gotten lots of data on the vehicles and I have a good OBD-II scanner, so we'll see how this works.

Maybe we can do a smart Dream Cruise with a convoy next years during the Detroit Dream Cruise-- Hands across the water (the Detroit River, lol)!!

Update on my cars.

The Road Warrior, i.e. the one sent to the dealer, was fixed via a flushing and cleaning of the fuel tank in situ and replacement of multiple ignition parts for quite less than I expected.  I have ordered a new exhaust since the old one was destroyed.  Have found a complete set of black panels to replace the bad ones that came with the car. The vehicle is now sheltered at my son's garage where I work on it. After repairs are complete, I shall baseline all fluids and check the braking system. I would like to lift the vehicle ever so slightly so that the chassis can accept 4 each 165R80-15 tires for all-season use. May need to redo the CV boots as well.

For the interior, I need a 2009 turn signal stalk, which was broken off by the very negligent teenage prior owner, one reason for dad selling it to me.

I also need to remove the seats and clear out the coins and other items jammed into the tracks, making them non-adjustable seats.  Then a new windshield and car #1 is road ready!

For car #2, Extensive engine work will be needed, possibly a replacement 0,9L non-turbo Mitsubishi petrol engine. But that's down the road. And presumably, everything else works or is in basically sound condition.

Am looking for your recommendations on all fluids as I baseline the vehicle.

THANKS!