Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mkt

Random oddball cars you've seen

199 posts in this topic

I saw a Sunbeam Alpine today---not a Tiger though. Victoria is full of unrusted classics.

Check out this Sunbeam Alpine MK I: photo here.

My father-in-law has a Sunbeam Talbot 90 in the shed. It is in fair condition, but does need some work to get it back on the road. MG

I saw a Riley Elf on the street for the first time yesterday. I guess it's just a variation of the original Mini with it's 34 horses, but it has a very distinguished look about it---especially the grill. Photos and description.

Is there any easy way to tell when one is spotted? I guess we know for certain it's not the one James Dean owned.

real RSK or replica?

I think it's real... Ilinois doesn't give Vintage plates to repicars

Here are some random, oddball, 3 wheel cars I saw in England.

ahhh! The Reliant Robin!Top Gear turned one into a Space Shuttle last season

Plastic Pigs. Even Mr. Bean won't ride in them; they tend to trip and fall over.

LOL! The one second from left looks like it was designed for Mr. Bean.

I saw the Guelph Subaru Sambar yesterday on my lunch break while picking up bike parts, we both waved! That thing is rockin' awesome. Gots to get me some kei.-Iain

I saw the Guelph Subaru Sambar yesterday on my lunch break while picking up bike parts, we both waved! That thing is rockin' awesome. Gots to get me some kei.-Iain

I saw one yesterday at the Yacht Harbour parking lot here in Virgin Gorda. I thought about you the second I saw it. I was just too damned busy unloading the boat and moving the cargo onto our rental Mazda thing.

Saw a strange one yesterday in Edmonton; it had the Toyota logo on the front, and it looked like "sero" in script on the side. RHD, low slung, sporty sort of car.MG

Saw something really random today.It wasn't the vehicle, but it was the fact that it had recent Ontario plates.The Ontario plates aren't the odd part either. It's the fact that I saw that in this tiny little Caribbean island.

Saw one of these in Parksville yesterday:

long url

Nissan Fiagaro - it looked strangely french for some reason - must be the funky convertible roof.

Cheers,

Cameron

It looks like a very squished Vespa 400. And 36 grand?!? BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

That is what I thought at first until I got a closer look - Columbo's car the complete top folded down - on this only the centre section.Cheers,Cameron

Columbo's car was a Peugeot 403 Cabriolet, 2050 were made, all by hand on the basis of a 403 sedan...they're worth >$40,000+ now. They're a lot bigger than either the Figaro or the Vespa 400.

post-5-1189836749.jpg

Here is a Vespa 400. They were common in Frence when I lived there. They came as a semi-convertible optionally (like this example).

post-5-1189837079.jpg

Saw a MAN cab over 4x4 with European plates, Dutch owners and expedition body in Nanaimo today.

Some background, Port of San Juan is one of the main shipping/receiving ports in Caribbean/Latin America, and as a result, almost every car imported to the region goes through here. Yesterday afternoon, I was down by the Port, and there were various non North American Suzukis, Hyudais, and Kias in storage lots waiting their final voyage to their new home port. The Hyundais/Kias didn't interest me much (although the Getz and Terracans were pretty neat)... rather, a lot full of Suzuki Swifts and APV's got my attention. There were a few Ignis's... (Igni?) and the usual SX4/SUV suspects. But what got me was the lot full of Swifts. Those are nice cars :)