Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mkt

Random oddball cars you've seen

199 posts in this topic

A black Mercedes-McLaren SLR was in Duncan today, with the owner asking directions.I have to say, this thing is singularly unimpressive in person. The styling is forced and the car has all the road presence of an SLK, which looks superficially the same. It's too fast for our roads too. Pointless?

How about something slow and comfortable added bonus it's electric.

Add some trough pillows for safety as in trough them in front of you just before you hit something and you have the coolest ride in town.

Video

More on the black McLaren SLR:VIN: WDDAJ76F86M000986Alberta plate: GZY266Curbed RF wheel (!!).

Spotted in Karlstadt: Hyundai Atos minicar, possibly named after a minor Star Trek character ,) There are lots of wild and wonderful minicars over here.....

I spotted this diminutive 1935 Austin Seven 'Nippy' that seems to be in excellent condition. It's not much longer than a smart (I couldn't park side-by-side to compare) and kicks out 23HP.

post-56-1217189417_thumb.jpg

post-56-1217189448_thumb.jpg

post-56-1217189524_thumb.jpg

post-56-1217189551_thumb.jpg

Here are a few transportation alternatives demonstrated at the annual Burning Man festival: story.

Edited by deezle

...Burning Man festival: story.

POWERED CUPCAKES(@!*$%@!(#*%(@!#*%(#@*%(#@*%(#@*%(@#*%(#@*^@#^@:: DEAD ::

A friend in Maine just got this as a company vehicle -- not kidding!

Posted Image

It's a Daihatsu Climber 4x4 RHD. He is the Operations Manager for a large summer camp, which is a year-round job.

Nice!! Those little trucks are really popular around here; the guy in Kitchener (kei-cars.com) who brings in Kei's is selling more of the trucks now than anything.Strange wheel kit for it, though! Good for winter, probably not so much on the grass, though...-Iain

The other Kei truck he gets to drive around (in the warm months!) is this Mits, which is road-legal in Maine because it's a "custom" convertible:

Posted Image

My boiler-plate answer to Bubbas who say (of the smart), "I wouldn't wanna get hit by a semi in that thang!" is... "Then don't!" :D

The other Kei truck he gets to drive around (in the warm months!) is this Mits, which is road-legal in Maine because it's a "custom" convertible:

I don't follow why it would need to be a convertible to be road legal; are Kei's not allowed in Quebec or something?-Iain

He's in Maine as I mentioned above. Stock? No. But because they converted it, it is licensed as a "custom" vehicle.FWIW, I have not seen any kei cars/trucks here. Oh, one van last summer, that's it.

The US is not a liberal on import vehicles - In Canada if they are over 15 years old then the rules for all the stuff required before you can put them on the road doesn't apply as fully - you still have to do some things.In the States - pretty tough - same as them trying to get a Diesel smart down there - can be done but with various shades of grey (anyone think of turning a coupe into a cabrio - might work in Maine) - basically you leverage what the State will allow against the Feds - and the Feds can have the final say if they want to. Couple tricks include the "highly custom" thing or declaring it a Kit Car (they have gotten tougher on that down there too).We are crawling with JDM vehicles out here - the Kei vans are almost huggable they are so cute.Cheers,Cameron

I love the old German micro cars. Check out this thread about the National Micro Car meet in Georgia. Will be held again this May. Anyone up for a drive to Madison Georgia?

Well, I didn't really SEE it, but we should see it soon on the news.They already broke the sound barrier with "Thrust 2", now they want more...It's called the "Bloodhound SSC Project" and, Andy green (British air force pilot) will try to go 1000 mph in it.It's being built right now in my own hometown in England. Anyone up for a spin?

post-3704-1231025282_thumb.jpg

Peugeot 405 S in West Vancouver, yesterday around 1:30 near Park Royal. Same colour as ours.

Saw a Citroen 2cv recently, it was a neat encounter as we were both going slowly & had a chance to nod to each other B) It was a shame I couldn't stop & snap a picture.