Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mkt

Random oddball cars you've seen

199 posts in this topic

I just did research on the Benley Turbo RT. Only 50 were made, they were a step above the Turbo R they replaced. They were made in 1997-98 and cost USD$211,000 when new.

Wow... I just saw a friggin rare car. I'd be more liable to be sideswiped by an Enzo than see this car. I guess tomorrow I'm getting hit by an italian.

Enzo - smenzo - see them all the time :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Okay so we got lucky on the recent road trip and ran into the Alberta exotic car club.

Cheers,

Cameron

post-375-1160540194.jpg

post-1-1160540194.jpg

post-1-1160540195_thumb.jpg

Cool! It is unusualy old for a European-registered vehicle....most cars on the road in the Germanic countries are about 3 years old it seems....

Saw a RHD van - think it was a Mazda the other day - kind of made me do a double take as I approached from the normal driver's side.

Cheers,

Cameron

Driving trough Saltlake last February I passed the oscar mayer weiner mobile so for a few minutes motorist weren't staring at me and taking pictures wile driving 75 mph.

There is an Isetta in Lethbridge - the guy shows it every year in a car show.I saw an Innocenti Turbo in Fort MacLeod the other day. I remember there was a dealer in Edmonton in the late '80s when I was there - I would have loved to have had that car! It was a real rocket!

Hey, I have a thread about this car now...

Spotted this Suzuki Every van today 660 CC turbo - RHD - heck - it is not any wider than the smart - bit longer - and just as cute.Cheers,Cameron

post-375-1161565220.jpg

post-1-1161565220_thumb.jpg

Yeah these RHD mini vehicles (all 15 years old and most with RHD headight beams) are a dime a dozen around here now.

Parked at TPM Nanaimo yesterday was one of those odd-ball Volkswagen Golf Country 4x4 thingys from 15-17 years ago, jacked up to the sky.They were only sold in Europe and have brush guards on the front and rear. It had a for sale sign on it. European version of course.....

Parked at TPM Nanaimo yesterday was one of those odd-ball Volkswagen Golf Country 4x4 thingys from 15-17 years ago, jacked up to the sky.

They were only sold in Europe and have brush guards on the front and rear. It had a for sale sign on it. European version of course.....

Posted Image

hmmm... I've never been so confused when looking at a vehicle before

The Biagini Passo edition is scary to me. Looks like the spookiest Cabrio I've seen ever

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nothing too odd, but I've seen about 6 or 7 Ferrari F430 Spyders over the past 2-3 days... and a neat Ford GT/GTX1

Time to revive this thread... I saw a TVR Tuscan today wearing lovely british plates. That is a MEAN sounding car, even from 2 lanes away. I thought it wanted to suck in me into its intake and spit me out.Dead freakin' sexy though.. shame they went bust :(

I saw a Suzuki X90 today, I haven't seen one for seriously like 10 years. What a weird thing. It's the size of a four-person car with seats for 2. What's the point of that? Maybe that's why it sold so poorly.-Iain

smartzuuck has a very different opinion of them. There are a few in Victoria in mint condition.

I saw a Triumph either TR7 or 8 today on the DVP. What an awesome car!! The girl driving it looked like she was made of pot and hadn't washed her hair in 20 years.-Iain

Sort of like the car then ;) I think the TR7/8 is a major reason why British Leyland is no more. They were rubbish!There used to be scads of them in Vancovuer in the 70s and early 1980s, a friend owned one until it blew up.Trivia: the TR7 engine and the early SAAB 99 engine are the same.

I saw a Unimog U500 driving on the Island Highway ten minutes ago. It was towing a trailer with a wood chipper on it, and cruising in road gear at ~110 km/h. I gave its driver the thumbs up sign when he passed me. It was licensed in BC.This one was probably about a year or two old, and was most likely sold by Mross Import Service in Langley BC.I wish it had been stationary because it would have been great to get a shot of the smart next to this three and a half metre high Mercedes truck.For those of you who don't know what a Unimog U500 is, check this download out:

u500_euro4_DE_1_.pdf

Saw a brand spanking new one here in Victoria the other day - didn't even have anything mounted on the back. Pretty impressive when you can look straight under a vehicle!Cheers,Cameron

Hi, the first pic is definitivelly a paintshop work,

but the other two pics, what do You think ?

post-90-1179570839.jpg

post-1-1179570839.jpg

I think I'm going to call the number on the side of the smart.Maybe it's a smart for good ole boys?