Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mkt

Random oddball cars you've seen

199 posts in this topic

Just found this thread.... LOVE the cars you guys have turned up.Two quick thoughts.... Duck, I have a pic from Tokyo/Feb '97 of a Kei truck so small that made a miata look big. Unfortunately, it's at work, so I'll have to wait 'til I can scan it for you.And last summer, saw a mint Nash for sale.... classic two-tone, aqua & white. Tried to convince my father that that's what he wanted to do with his retirement. Unfortunately, I need to work on my influencing skills :)

Holy random VW group day batman!Saw a Skoda Octavia and a SEAT Leon with Dominican Republic plates today.Supposedly the US gets SEAT in 2008. Canada was supposed to get them in 1994, but it was scrapped.

spotted at the RM classic car auction today but sold Friday night.... 1984 Detomaso Innocenti....

post-62-1192929897.jpg

Yeah, these were sold here in the 80s, with a turbo Daihatsu three pot engine....also available without the turbo in the "Minitre".I saw a Citroën DS 21 Safari (station wagon) today in Victoria, in traffic, with a roof rack and aero box up there. What a FANTASTIC car!!

Here's an interesting light vehicle concept.5 doors,4 seats,3 wheels,2 colours1 outcome with a semi.The windshield info says it all!This was seen in North Carolina and another was seen for sale about 100 miles closer to the coast later on the trip.

post-894-1193064432_thumb.jpg

post-1-1193064432.jpg

post-1-1193064433.jpg

post-1-1193064434.jpg

Hmmm----I notice the Wildfire is for sale outside the Official Inspection Station. Perhaps the ability to actually turn a corner is part of the inspection process.

Saw a Honda Beat RHD up at UVIC last night - nice looking and far more representative of what a sports car should be than some of the boat sized roadsters around (BMW etc.).Here is what they look like - not the car I saw but representative.Cheers,Cameron

Tokyo, March 1997. Productive business trip, saw a little Tokyo, was at a shrine when a wedding procession went by, admired interesting cars, even met Bill Reid and his wife at an embassy function. The promised tiny vehicles. There was a tiny van (we called it an "hors d'oeuvre" due to its diminutive size) and a small bus, but the photos don't really show the scale well, even with pedestrians. So I won't bother uploading them. The delivery van at the red light next to the familiar miata on the other hand...Edited & reuploaded a better scan of the photo.

post-4488-1193445306.jpg

We saw this last Sunday parked near Qwest Field in Seattle, on Mexican plates. It is such a tiny car compared to the B-Class!

post-5-1194400588_thumb.jpg

post-1-1194400588.jpg

Hi Mike,That looks like an "A" class. Pretty common in the UK and I would really like a diesel version here but MB say not for import! I underdstand that they are pricey compared to the competition but I really do like the look and they fit so nicely between the Smart and the "M" class!

Yeah, my post title said it's an A Class. The striking thing is how much smaller than the B it is. The new A Class (2004 on) is larger.

What a great find Mike! Yes they are a lot smaller than the B Class. I saw a lot of them in England. More than the smart. I sure would like to have a CDI version.

I saw a bright red Seat Léon today near Chemainus. Mexican plates, a sporty-looking hatchback.Oh and a VW Bulli (Vanagon) with a permanent high roof by Westfalia, on French plates, Département de l"Isère, in Ladysmith last Wednesday, and also yesterday at Horseshoe Bay. They are from Chamonix.

I saw a bright red Seat Léon today near Chemainus. Mexican plates, a sporty-looking hatchback.

Aren't they great looking? I've seen seeing a black one locally with Dominican Republic plates and think it's one of the sharpest cars for sale anywhere at the moment

While out for lunch yesterday in the FX 45 with my coworkers, we spotted a dark grey Honda insight! They all hated it and scorned me for my excitement. :) What a fantastic little car. It looks sooooo good!!-Iain

Het Duck. Have you seen the new Honda advert psuhing their green credentials with a 4 door fuel cell (I think) car. The back end looks just like the Insight back. A nice touch and I wonder if it'll comme out.2seat

I had a guy with an Insight come into the shop a while ago and he put one of those LED message things in the back glass that read off his MPG while he was going down the road. He had it hooked up to the cars computer .

That is probably the coolest "in-your-face" shot at the SUV/Bubba crowd you could do. :)-Iain

Oooo, for those of you that get good mileage from your smarts, that'd be a GREAT addition! (suffice it to say, I'm not the best candidate for that since my mpgs are STILL lousy... for a smart)P.S I rather like insights too. There's a lovely red one that lives not far from where I work... and saw a new Toyota something yesterday with a back end that looked rather Insightful/CRXish to me. did they poach the designers from their competitor?! or just give up and copy/update decades old designs?! It has been a while since toyota had anything head-turning.

With my THIRD Suzuki X-90 now soon gone (deposit on it)... I decided that I should grab this 99 Vitara.

post-43-1202364023_thumb.jpg

post-43-1202364031_thumb.jpg